Moses's Guide to the Flash Chat [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : Moses's Guide to the Flash Chat

moses
08-30-2005, 03:03 PM
********UPDATED 1/14/06*********

Ok since im the dedicated dude to gettin more peoples in the FC until the new irc thingy comes out heres a beginers guide.

1. First Register on the forums.
2. On the Top Navigation Bar, in between Pre-Order and User Map, the second link over is called Flash Chat. Click on that.
3. If you were already logged in on the forums, it should auto log you in. If you werent then enter in your username and password.
4. Enjoy Chatting!

Moses' Rules of the Flash Chat
1. Obey all admins, mods and super mods.
2. Don't use orange. It is moses's color. Stupid color stealers (of course this doesnt affect any admins or mods :) )
3. Please keep cussing down.
4. Use the rooms for what they are for. (ex The Pub for RPing)

WARNING: MitsueNeko will be on sometimes. Prepare to be weirded out.

To Emote: Type "/me (what you want to emote)" with out the quotation marks.

To Private Message: Right click of the person's name and choose Private Message.

MPS (MingPokingStick): This is to be used by professionals only. Mainly Toshi, Neko, Myself, Abc, and Slots. To be poked with the MPS is a great honor.

The Stick: The alternate to the MPS. Can be used on and by anyone, so dont feel special.

(if you used the MPS and i forgot or would like to be trained, please PM me or Pager me.)

Slots
08-30-2005, 03:06 PM
You forgot the part about not using green... because it is my color and i called dibs!

Sykoi
08-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Going to become a useless guide soon (However it is nice), as I'm getting rid of Flashchat by the end of this week (I finally have time! :))

Sorry moses, but IRC is just a bit better ;)

ToshiMaru
08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
dont forget the FPS and MPS :nutkick:

moses
08-30-2005, 05:41 PM
i know sykoi, ill just change my tactics when the new one comes out :P

oo and ofcourse Toshi :D but whats the FPS?

Trin
08-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Going to become a useless guide soon (However it is nice), as I'm getting rid of Flashchat by the end of this week (I finally have time! :))

Sorry moses, but IRC is just a bit better ;)

A little better? Try vastly superior. ;)

ShininShado
08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Flash Chat has the taste more members prefer. It owns 3 to 1 in taste tests. :eek:

Yumi
09-01-2005, 07:26 PM
only thing is i cant use Irc Java :(

it never lets be connets to quakenet

so you shuld find some thing every one can use

like flash chat

lol

Trin
09-01-2005, 08:21 PM
only thing is i cant use Irc Java :(

it never lets be connets to quakenet

so you shuld find some thing every one can use

like flash chat

lol

That has nothing to do with the Java IRC applet. It has to do with the server that was chosen. I'm working on launching an EoE server right now.

And NO, we will NOT bring back FC. Sykoi and I refuse to run a program that takes up 25% of our total CPU power. It's inefficient, slow, and totally lacking in features.

Flashchat was a badly written program and a bad excuse for chat. Wait for us to change the IRC server. You will not be disappointed.

Rez
09-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Lol, logged in after being insactive for about a month and I see no Flashcaht and we have a BT tracker O.o WTF.... and some Diary thingy.
Anyways, just letting you guys know I'm not dead or something close to death... i.e. physicaly impared due to random acts of boulder slinging?

OK bye

Sykoi
09-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Hehe, well Rez I hope you do come back and get better soon enough. At the very least, look back in a few days - we should have our own IRC server up by then :)

moses
01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Thats right, the guide is needed once again. BTW i updated so check it out.

Xenetic
01-12-2006, 07:18 PM
good guide ^^

poporo
01-15-2006, 02:33 PM
lol good warning about neko

selmo
01-15-2006, 02:51 PM
lol good warning about neko

Yes, it was a very much needed edit

Miyakami_Tatsuya
03-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Whoop! I go into there a lot, but there is usually no-one in, or I log in and the only person that is in there logs out! Is there anytiume that I should go in when there will be other people there?

moses
03-10-2006, 09:51 AM
well, its not as active as it once was (probly due to school starting and stuff) but no there is no real time that everyone is on. I try to jump in when I can but work, school, and sports have cut my time down. And the thing with the person leaving is a glitch. Sometimes it says the last person who was in there is still in there, but they arent.

kyohisakawa
03-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Heeeey, nice guide man... I'll have to check it out sometime. Like... right now!

Sykoi
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
RIP Flash chat (Thanks a lot for being insecure :P)