[S]Player Made Documents & Others [Archive] - Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

View Full Version : [S]Player Made Documents & Others

ToshiMaru
05-06-2005, 06:51 PM
I was at school and i was thinking about how Tatsumaki's laws, and other stuff was going to be made. Then i came up with this idea.

Player Created Documents - Books, Scolls, Papers, Posters(Text = Most Wanted, New Law), Inscriptions in stones, and statue inscriptions, etc.

How about lets say scrolls, can be created by players, like he goes into a shop, and buys a blank scroll, and when ever he uses it, it has options - View, Edit, Throw Away.

Lets say he is a Dojo Master - He can buy a scroll, and types in it, his own stuff, his dojos techniques, and moves, and secrets, and etc.
If this is a student manual, then he can go buy some more scrolls, and make copies of the scrolls over and over to hand out to his students.

Or it can be used as a notepad, a student buys it, and writes down notes from his master, and uses them to study, also with moves, and how to perform them carefully.

Secondly, if a monk buys a book, and makes like those ancient books of secret moves and archives of ancient history, this would allow GREAT RP.

Last thing is, this idea would also help out ninjas and spies, and missions. Meaning, a shogun, has a list of his generals and hiding spots, so he will write them down, and so and keep it hidden, this allows the spies to infiltrate the base, and try to steal the document. <--- Great huh???

And, a player is hiring a mercenary, he uses a scroll, and makes a contract with the mercenary, ex. If the merc is supposed to kill a person, etc. then he will do it, and then if captured by police force, he will show the contract to the justice people, and most of the penalty will go to the employer.

On an alternate note, if the merc completes his job, then that contract will be his proof of employment, but mind you, its still PLAYER ENFORCED.

And laws can be written on these documents, and then kept in a vault or something. Nice huh? And it can just be used as simple stuffs, like a poem, or a story, and can be used for ingame poetry competitions and etc.

On a side note:
The scrolls have some limits,
1. there is quality - quality is for how long the document can last(withers from age, and weather)
2. there is size - size determines how much characters can be put in the document(ex. PMDScroll - size 1(200 Character) = 100 yen, size 2(10,000 characters = 500 yen)
3. Edit Mode - Edit Mode has options for modifying the = text color, text size, bold, underline, italicise, and etc.
4. Other people scrolls - Scrolls can only be edited by its creator, if its stolen only the creator can edit it, but - the creator can give ownership to multiple others, and allow them to edit the document simultaniously too.
5. Scrolls/Books/other documents - they are treated as items, and can get stolen as loot from kills, and/or be sold, or etc.

ToshiMaru
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
A new post of ideas, i came up with this while at home, dont mistake this for a double post, or repost, or whatever.

How about Player/Family Trackers - every player has a history log, which can be viewed by others. It shows his actions and stuff in a simplified way:

1. Player logs on - 04.02.1439 // 1:30 (Date and Time ingame)
2. Player reaches[Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 2:01
3. Player kills rabbit[Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 2:24
4. Player sells item[Kobuki Town][Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 2:37
5. Player Talks to Civilian[Kobuki Town][Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 2:40
6. Player Trades with Civilian[Kobuki Town][Yamatp Province] - 04.02.1439 // 2:42
7. Player involes in fight(<-- Thief/Mugger)[Outside Kobuki Town][Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 3:03
8. Player Wins Fight[Outside Kobuki Town][Yamato Province] - 04.02.1439 // 3:12
9. Player Reaches reaches [Gotenshi Province] - 04.02.1439 // 3:47
10. Player Logs Out - 04.02.1439 // 4:00

I guess other players can view it, but if its a security risk, then maybe just Policing Forces, and if the players in a family, then high rank family members can view it only.

-------------
BTW: Is there going to be player created missions? that would be cool, and if so, maybe add in a feature that allows the higher ranks to review a mission created by there people.

Kuraku Hideaki
05-06-2005, 07:40 PM
hehehehe....

11. Player logs on - 04.02.1439 // 21.00
12. Player reaches [Yamoto Province] - 04.02.1439 // 21.45
13. Player meets [Kurakushin] in [Kobuki Town][Yamoto Province] - 04.02.1439 // 22.03
14. Player get owned by [Kurakushin] [Unkown][Unknown] - 04.02.1439 // 22.05
15. Player logs out - 04.02.1439 // 22.06

MUAHAHAHAHA

Redb@ck
05-06-2005, 07:43 PM
How very true. ;). Beebe out.

Tekashi
05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
I think Tomi would own you both :p

lol

SunWuKong
05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
How about Player/Family Trackers - every player has a history log, which can be viewed by others. It shows his actions and stuff in a simplified way:

This would be horrible!
This information should be spread by word-of-mouth/village & guild postings, in game.
Remember, this is the 1500's. Information was not readily available.
Players on stealth missions can be found this easily?!
People wanting to be lost can't be?!

There would be less reason for people to interact and roleplay.
This would ruin the game for me.

Kuraku Hideaki
05-06-2005, 07:52 PM
yes i agree with sunwukong. but still... i have a chance of owning TomiVanG :cool:

Tekashi
05-06-2005, 07:53 PM
:wink1: i 2nd sunwukong

Redb@ck
05-06-2005, 07:55 PM
SunWuKong's point is true. Kurakushin, would own ToMiVanG, but only with my swords at his side. Beebe out.

ToshiMaru
05-06-2005, 08:55 PM
okay.......i understand what you mean, i got it from some other futuristic game, but i just wanted to suggest that, i know it would never really work.

edit: please stay on-topic in the Tatsumaki section.
-SWK

connick
05-09-2005, 12:21 PM
If any of you have ever played the MMORPG called Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds, you might recall the use of paper in the beta and early post-release game. I think that the concept is great, especially in this game! One of the things I have always disliked about games is when you are reported for crimes when no one is around to see them. I think this game should rely heavily on paper and word of mouth communication. Unlike other MMORPGs there should be no 'tell' or 'whipser' command. Everyone should have to talk with one another in person or via the use of paper messages. This is a simple way to create sooooo much depth! Imagine what kind of subterfuge can take place, stolen messages, forged documents, etc. This would be a nice plug for people's family and family pride as something along the lines of an insignia stamp could be incorporated. You can trust that a sealed envelope is from the emperor...That is unless a ninja snuck in and stole the stamp...Sound appealing? It does to me.

Redb@ck
05-10-2005, 12:31 AM
*Picks up piece of paper* *writes* "Hey connick how are you?"
*Hands Paper to Connick*
*Connick reads paper*
*Connick writes* "Good Thankyou, yourself?"
*Connick hands piece of paper back to Redb@ck* ;)

In my opinion it won't work, how will we fell large families and other important leaders if we can wisper to family members? Unless i've misunderstood ;). Beebe out.

Lodeclaw
05-10-2005, 07:04 AM
I used to play Nexus TK and I loved the fact, in the early days, that you could write on paper and give/mail it to people. I was rather disappointed when they removed that feature from the game. I was just saying a few weeks ago how much I would love to see an oriental MMORPG similar to Nexus developed, I guess this is my answer. I definately support the idea of having paper to write on. In fact, they should make it a requirement to post things on bulletin boards in the towns. Get your paper and ink, write your notice, post it on the board. :D

connick
05-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Haha :)

I didn't say that paper should be the only form of communication. Only that it replace the 'whisper/tell' system. The scenario should go more like this:

Redb@ck: Connick! I just saw a unit of enemy warriors headed this way!
Connick relays the message onto paper and hands it to a courier (PC or NPC)
Connick: Quickly! Take this message to the captain! Come Redb@ack let us defend our home!!!

We can talk in person quite easily, but to send messages a great distance they should pass by word of mouth or by paper. I think that would make the game more interesting and real. This also raises the option of other forms of communication such as signal flags or smoke signals or any other traditional method of telecommunication.

ToshiMaru
05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
no, removing the Whisper/Tell command, will ruin it. Whisper/Tell is part of reality, so just add in paperworks instead of removing anyone. <-- Except from global Chat. TAKE IT OUT!!

Xeus.Tsu
05-14-2005, 11:24 PM
In theory it may sound good, but fact of the matter is that many other games do it and many new players would be frustrated by the fact that they can't send a tell to link up with their friends or to talk privatly with a person. Or send a whisper as it is also commonly called. which is a good term because you are essentially whispering in the other players ear and no one else can hear you.

Additionally, I tend to use ventrilo or teamspeak when I play with friends and therefor would have a huge advantage over those who aren't even able to send a tell to someone when they require help. I just don't feel that not having said features will improve the game.

Additionally having paper and being able to post messages is an intriguing idea, but I don't know if I want my villages or cities I visited looking like a bus stop.

As for construction of man made items and buildings, I really like Second Life and it's implementation of palyer made communities. Even though with such an approach things tend to look a little unrealistic, but it's fun none the less seeing what people are able to come up with. SecondLife (http://www.secondlife.com)

Additionally I completely Agree with SunWuKong, I was thinking the same thing but you said it first.

connick
05-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Additionally, I tend to use ventrilo or teamspeak when I play with friends and therefor would have a huge advantage over those who aren't even able to send a tell to someone when they require help. I just don't feel that not having said features will improve the game.

Your point serves to illustrate exactly what removing a universal chat system would do. It would remove the "advantage", as you say, of being able to communicate instantly. If players want to communicate by IP telephony or ordinary telephone lines that is outside the control of the game developers, but the majority of people will simply talk in-game. Not being able to communicate directly over vast distances adds a very very dramatic new element to the game. I think it would be a smashing and revolutionary idea. It introduces myriad possibilities because communication would be regarded as a physical act exactly as it is in real life, not some virtual, telepathic act.

(Consider if someone needed 'help' as you said, it would be far more enthralling if that advantage of information was gained through clever gameplay. Hmmm?)

ShininShado
05-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Lodeclaw, what was your Nexus name? I played that like three years ago. The paper was good, and in the wiki it says that we will be able to write on paper and keep it in archives for the village or family we are in. The paper in Nexus worked like you would write on it... and then either drop it or post it on a board <I think that's it>. It was good for notes and meaningful documents. They also had a mail system which wouldn't be that realistic I don't think. Most communications would be carried out by people in the same village, which it would be easy to walk into town and talk about crops, the weather, wild invaders killing everyone, etc.

Lodeclaw
05-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Lodeclaw, what was your Nexus name? I played that like three years ago. The paper was good, and in the wiki it says that we will be able to write on paper and keep it in archives for the village or family we are in. The paper in Nexus worked like you would write on it... and then either drop it or post it on a board <I think that's it>. It was good for notes and meaningful documents. They also had a mail system which wouldn't be that realistic I don't think. Most communications would be carried out by people in the same village, which it would be easy to walk into town and talk about crops, the weather, wild invaders killing everyone, etc.
I was known as Dandin, the last time I played Nexus.

I don't see a problem with removing the tell/whisper feature. It would promote social development by encouraging people to speak to those around them.

ToshiMaru
05-28-2005, 06:16 PM
okay. let me sum it up.

THINGS TO HAVE:
1. Say/Talk - Converse with a person(s) within range - 3ft-6ft from you(if a person is not within range, they wont see ur chat bubble, or ur text in the chat box. Once they are in range, then they can hear you.)
2. Shout - anyone in the area can here you
3. Whisper - Private talk to someone in view, next to you.

THINGS DONT HAVE:
1. Global chat - talk to anyone

FOR PPL USING THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS:
Shame on you, ultimately, you ruin the game for youself. oh well, we do that sometimes too. hehehe I wouldnt suggest using it much though.

OOC: documents, are documents - you use them to write, and you can do what ever you want with it. Send it to another, keep it hidden, whatever. It really does not affect talking in any way. :haha:

ShininShado
05-28-2005, 09:44 PM
Wiki talks about documents and building libraries for knowledge bases. Good to see you Dandin, I was ShininShado in Lost Kingdom/Heavens Clan.

Osumi
05-28-2005, 11:58 PM
okay. let me sum it up.

THINGS TO HAVE:
1. Say/Talk - Converse with a person(s) within range - 3ft-6ft from you(if a person is not within range, they wont see ur chat bubble, or ur text in the chat box. Once they are in range, then they can hear you.)
2. Shout - anyone in the area can here you
3. Whisper - Private talk to someone in view, next to you.

THINGS DONT HAVE:
1. Global chat - talk to anyone

FOR PPL USING THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS:
Shame on you, ultimately, you ruin the game for youself. oh well, we do that sometimes too. hehehe I wouldnt suggest using it much though.

OOC: documents, are documents - you use them to write, and you can do what ever you want with it. Send it to another, keep it hidden, whatever. It really does not affect talking in any way. :haha:

Sounds like perfection to me

Osumi