Eyes Out Entertainment Forums

Eyes Out Entertainment Forums (http://www.eoeforums.com/index.php)
-   D&D Forum Game (http://www.eoeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   OOC for Selmo's DND (http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=4754)

Ronin 12-20-2008 10:48 AM

Re: OOC for Selmo's DND

That is fine with me

Tomoshibi 12-20-2008 11:01 AM

Alright guys. Battle got a tad convoluted in the main thread, so I'm going to clarify things here for everyone. For the sake of simplicity, I'll be using forum names instead of the roleplaying names.

Surprise Round:
Moses - Initiated surprise round with the toss of a bottle.
Svage - When the guards moved their hands to their swords, Svage's readied action was triggered and he grappled the ruffian leader by the throat, the force leaving the ruffian unconscious. Dropped ruffian in disgust after the fainting.
Tomoshibi - Stood up and took the full defensive stance.
NPCs - Seeing their leader attacked, their readied actions are triggered and they strike Svage.
Ronin - Ducked behind tavern door to disguise self, then bluffed the guards.
Fluffy - Attempted to convince everyone to stop fighting, failed.
Gheari - No action taken yet.

After this, first round started and initiative was rolled. Turn order looks like this:
Fluffy
Svage
Tomoshibi/NPCs (we need to roll again to see who goes first out of these two)
Gheari
Ronin
Moses

No one has taken their actions for the first round yet. As some of you familiar with 3.5 might have noticed, quite a few people took more actions in the surprise round than is normally possible. With the confusion and such going on, and this being the first battle for a few players, our DM has graciously bent the rules a tad in our favor. Gheari may still take an action for surprise round if he wishes. Fluffy may begin his actions for the first round. If he takes too long, Svage can do his actions, as Selmo specified in his last post.

Svage 12-21-2008 01:57 AM

question? how long is too long to wait? say It is fluffy's turn, can I wait say 12 hours from the last post, or is it 24 hours? Just wanting to clarify, cause different times are too long for different people.

selmo 12-21-2008 02:44 AM

i think it will be at my discretion, ill pm or post it here if its been 'too long' if a bunch of peopel are waiting on one person to post

Ronin 12-21-2008 10:42 AM

Tomo, you can't edit a roll to work, they only work on the first post. Try posting a new one with the roll

Tomoshibi 12-21-2008 03:05 PM

I tried what Ronin suggested, but it didn't work. It did automerge, but it insisted on doing another 1d6+2 roll for some reason - flat out refused to do a 1d20-2 roll. Tried twice, thinking I screwed up the first time.

moses 12-21-2008 04:13 PM

[roll0]

works fine for me

1d20-2 inside "[roll]" and "[/roll]"

selmo 12-21-2008 09:00 PM

its fine tomo ill fix the roll for you, i was waiting for gheari to post but i suppose the NPCs will spring into action!

Tomoshibi 12-21-2008 09:04 PM

I have a feeling I can do it here or almost anywhere else, it just won't let me do it there. I suspect however it is programmed in, be it on purpose or by mistake, it automatically forces my roll for a post right after my own post to be the most recent roll I already did. Honestly, that's the only reason I can think of it would automatically switch the 1d20-2 to a 1d6+2, which was the most recent roll command I made.

Trust me, I know how the roll command works. If it was as simple as you suggested, my post would already be properly edited from Ronin's pretty good advice.

Gheari 12-21-2008 10:50 PM

The combat is effectively over, isn't it? Thus allowing me to keep my place as quiet observer for now. Also, Baraq is a little OP for a level 1 character without an LE.