Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:13 AM

BigNinjaPimp is on a distinguished road
Default When?

Can you give us an estimate on when you are gonna complete this game? Ive been looking forward to this game since it was announced. It seems like ages since an update of your progress.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When?

No, sorry... We're not going to be one of those groups that makes promises they can't keep.
When it comes to game development, no one, I repeat - no one can give an accurate estimate of when its going to be complete. There are just too many variables, too many things that can wrong, too many things that can go right, etc.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road

As for updates, Sykoi has announced there will be one BIG update coming pretty soon, along with the main website up and running.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

average mmo development takes roughly 5 years
granted that's the average time for games with millions of dollars in budgeting.

even games with engines premade and are basicly single player games *cough* ddo *cough* take roughly 3 years and 12million ^^

but don't worry, we'll get done before the phantom gaming system comes out! ^,~

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbon View Post
average mmo development takes roughly 5 years
granted that's the average time for games with millions of dollars in budgeting.

even games with engines premade and are basicly single player games *cough* ddo *cough* take roughly 3 years and 12million ^^

but don't worry, we'll get done before the phantom gaming system comes out! ^,~
Phantom was axed
And anyways, we've been in development for close to three years, and are a completely different breed of MMO... While are are indie, we lack several things that generally hold up a normal MMO's development time... I'm not saying we'll be a lot faster then most MMOs, we'll just be able to release sooner then an indie team of similar quality/size making a generic MMORPG.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykoi View Post
Phantom was axed
no duh, that's the point

company is under new management now, so they might do something lol

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:47 AM
The one man Gods fear.

Raku is on a distinguished road

It comes when it comes

I trust that this game will be good, but like Sykoi has said, he doesn't want to give out empty promises, so i try not to over-hype myself. That way, it can only be good, cause its exactly what i expected, or better - no sad regrets that i spent too much time waiting.

Good luck Sykoi

P.S. Zorbon is hawt.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Ninjitsu Master

=CD=SenseiTemplar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to =CD=SenseiTemplar Send a message via MSN to =CD=SenseiTemplar Send a message via Yahoo to =CD=SenseiTemplar

"When it's done."

Usually, that reply generates the same sensation in me as fingernails scratching a chalkboard. But, before people start unsheathing their katanas, I'm willing to accept that reply for Tatsumaki, because of the financial circumstances involved, and the fact that I'd rather see this game take its time on the road to release so we all get a quality product. Besides, Sykoi has a point; there's no point in promising a certain time period only to not achieve it and have people shaking their fists in anger over it.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:35 PM
EoE Team

Herede is on a distinguished road

I believe that I speak for the entire team when I say how very grateful we are to have such a patient community. Thanks guys! I know that it's hard to wait. I'm very excited about getting to play this game myself one day. But as Sykoi has said before... We're like 20 guys, yet we are taking on one of the most ambitious MMORPG projects ever (technology-wise - we won't have as much trouble with designing a world as they have with most conventional MMO:s today since almost everything will be built by players). On top of that, we're very short on money. As you might know, our only source of income is what we get from those of you who pre-ordered the game. An extra big thanks to you guys!

Anyway, the bottom line is: keep the hope up, don't despair! We will get it done, eventually