Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki Community Projects > Tatsumaki Anime

Tatsumaki Anime Discuss the Tatsumaki Anime series

Old 05-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn
Default Re: Media (Public)

I replied back to your PM Senshi, so there's that...

But in reply to everything else - it's great to see some new interest in this!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:40 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagyu View Post
Well dude a full production Anime would takes thousands and thousands of pics, plus you need to ink them color them have back grounds ect. Even many major productions of cartoons and anime fail or can only squeeze out a couple of episodes because of the work load and amount of people needed. I definitely agree it woulda been awesome but i think its far to grand an undertaking, even if you guys got a full team that wouldnt drift away and be completely devoted your still looking at a year or two or even three before youd see the first episode. But if you guys ever do get it going, lemme know, ill be happy to write or voice act, though id recommend having auditions for acting AND writing AND well almost everything.
Agreed it's a large undertaking, but there are a few (Relatively cheap) pieces of software that allow for vector-based animation (You 'draw' the characters/backgrounds in them, and then you can move them around fairly easily). I played with one awhile back, it was pretty easy and the results were great.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:32 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Ah, That would be pretty cool to see. Didn't think of that lol
Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Ninjitsu Master

RavenX is on a distinguished road

Ok, I know this is late, but I dont read many posts. I'm a bum deal with it >.>

Anyway I can't help thinking that perhaps the best way to do a Tatsumaki anime would be to have a style much like that of the .hack//SIGN series, allowing more focus on development of characters and whatnot as opposed to going the direction of the standard all action all the time stuff like Bleach and Naruto. That's not to say those are BAD animes, they're just overdone and too predictable.

.hack//SIGN I think was in a league closer to that of Cowboy Bebop (but Bebop is so far ahead of anything else it's rediculous *!Best Anime Ever!*) they made up for the lack of violence with story quality.

What I'm getting at is, if you so this, for the love of all that is good and holy by whatever god you may or may not worship, DON'T MAKE ANOTHER DRAGON BALL!

Alone, I work to protect the innocent in the night.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:25 PM

Roshi II is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Media (Public)...my god!

I just saw this thread, and I realize it is an old and (perhaps) discarded idea, but...

What about a one-shot anime ep? One quick story and intro into the world of T/LAW? I have a few resources at my disposal due the ad work I have done with production studios, and maybe even some money to throw at it.

Yeah, it would be a big undertaking, but if an ep that could be compared to Be-Bop should come from such a project, imagine the investors, fans and exposure T/LAW would have!

I can promise if something like this could be done, I can get it aired. Anime is getting hot again here in the US due to the Avatar, Last Airbender series, (no thanks to the crapfest of a movie...heh), and I've personally been approached by Federator for ideas of which anime series to import. Why not offer an american production?

If there IS a script, I'd love to see it, along with any rushes made. If the whosits in charge think this could be done, you have my e-mail add, drop me a serious line...

-Roshi
Old 10-27-2010, 12:42 AM

I know an old team was working on one, then i began a project on it, but my artist all started collage so. But if your serious then I can put you in touch with my other artist and I can easily come up with a simple script to introduce the game, and we can get vaughn a member here to score the soundtrack. So yeah lemme know.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 AM

Roshi II is on a distinguished road

Yes, I think I am serious. The more I think about this, the more I believe the timing to be right. If we could get something into production and in the can by summer, I could get a late-nite debut on the fall schedule, I think. Depending on how good the actual ep would be.

The dicey thing is going to be the story and script. One of the main reasons things like TriGun and BeBop became so popular is because japanese sensibilities and morals could be so easily glossed and flossed for an american audience. T/LAW would be a period piece, and so, (if it were to be done in Japan), would end up heavily edited in dub and post production, much like Samurai Champloo, or Ruroni Kenshin. Those were popular to an extent, but not enough to make rotation every other season. And it is because the story and actual content suffered from such heavy editing. True things like Naruto and Inuyasha are always in rotation, but the fantasy aspect of those shows make and easy transition to american mores and stores. A historical piece? Hmmm... Would have to be handled carefully.

A poster above implored you NOT to make another DBZ, but in all reality american producers are looking for the hot ****, the stuff that sells. Not that I'm advocating a DBZ type of treatment, yet certain sacrifices would have to be made in script and story, or no interest would be forthcoming from a crew like Billionfold or Nick.

So that's the first big hurdle, a story that appeals to american sense of action and plot. Fantasy, danger, peril, heroics, blah, blah blah. Not saying we need to sell out, but would probably need to sell some... yah know?

Tell me what you think, somehow show me what you got. I write too, and could get a mock-up script made in about a week, but I would need to know what direction the owners of this IP would want to see.

Talk to me...

- Roshi
Old 10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I shall offer my assistance. Ask and you shall receive.

I would rather see an adult version, but that's because of my personal preferences. I think that if we were to make an adolescent version, we would need to make the protagonist a lower class male teen. He would of course have to be fighting against some sort of a tyrant, perhaps a bandit or samurai that killed his parents. Maybe we would throw in a love interest. Make the "good guys" names sound more Western than the "bad guys". Maybe even make them look more Western. Have the protagonist join up with a group of rebels, or even a war band. Maybe even make him a secret ninja (I kind of like this one).

I bet Vahn would do the sound.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:24 PM

I can begin working on something right away, First thing is I dont wanna make something thats been seen already, IE rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, DBZ, ect. For me the story must be original. Second Roshi, what length are we talking here, 1 10 min cartoon? 20 mins, 30 mins, ect? The longer the product the more story we can give it but it harder it will be do make for the artists ect.

I think maybe a short 15 min episode like the DC showcase would be better. And yeah gheari a more adult version would be cooler, though this is tatsumaki and they are strict with certain things, so we cant make it R lol. But tell ya what you guys throw some ideas of what you would like to see. I will consider them, and come up with a plot then present it sometime next week.

Gheari you could help with editing for me, I had Vahn doing editing on Munisai but hes been pretty busy, not sure if hed wanna edit another project.

Also Roshi here is the thread to the Anime we had began working on for Munisai

http://www.eoeforums.com/showthread.php?t=5063

When u first mentioned your idea roshi i was thinking of just a trailer with scenes of various members characters fighting or in action scenes with a cool score playing. But if we are wanting to do an actual mini episode then yeah, I first think our protagonist should be nameless, kinda a throw back to greats like Yojimbo and Clint Eastwoods the man with no name. This will let people on the forums identify with him a bit more. We dont have to give away too much of his past or any, heck allot of the fun about yojimbo and movies like highlander (original) was speculating about the characters past. Anyway present your ideas and i will look them over and begin formulating a plot. Then once we have a plot we all like, I can begin writing a script.

You talked about sacrificing story, i do disagree on that. This isnt the type of game that needs sacrificed story lines. This isnt really a game for your average inuyasha/Nurato watcher. This is an environment more for people who are passionate about midevil japan. I know I can easily write a great story without using gimmicks like magic, or demons. In fact I already use a great villain in both of my comics im writing called Fuma Kotaro. A historical Ninja Lord who was said to be immortal. But in reality each lord of the Fuma simply took on the name and the mantle. Thus Kotaro can be used in pretty much any historical era. Also you mentioned a full series in your post roshi, now the thing with that is we as creators dont OWN Tatsumaki. If we use the brand name then technically its not ours and thus we couldn't sell or license it to any networks. The original idea for this was just a fun community project in which members wanted to see their characters. So there are issues there if we are talking about anything beyond a local release.

Also Roshi like i said check the manga sections. Some of my writing is there, as well as my art. Though for this project ill take just the writing aspect, only art I will do for it is maybe a poster or advertisement. Busy doing art for several other projects so.

Also I am going to say lets official form a core committee here, Myself since I took on the anime project recently anyway lol, Gheari your in for ideas editing help writing possibly and your historical input cuz i know like me, you have an insane amount of knowledge about 15th and 16th century japan. Roshi you obviously because you have connections and drive and such.

Anyone else who wished to join the project in an official capacity I am gonna say we will be happy to have you help, but if you volunteer to help please first show us what you can do and only volunteer if you can be reliable. We have too many people who wanna help then never do anything or start something and never finish it.

As far as voice acting is concerned lets worry about that until we have a solid script in place and some art being worked on.

Also before we expend effort on this, because ive been down this Anime road a few times now. Lets actually get a committed team going, meaning artists who can guarantee product. Because like I said, weve started this project a few times now, and it always seems to fizzle out for one reason or another. Due to work schedules, school, family stuff ect ect.

So I am all for putting blood into this, so long as we have an actual team to make it happen. Otherwise we will write a script and thats all it will be. Just a forum story. If we do this lets be professional about it and do it the right way.

Last edited by Yagyu; 10-28-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-28-2010, 02:52 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Okay here's what I've thought of so far. Cut to our male lead "Taro" a young man of around sixteen. He's standing in a meadow while children run and play around him. The camera pans from a view of his back to his face. He's smiling, this is his family, his younger brothers and sisters.
Slowly bring in sounds of fighting and fade in images. Taro is now part of an army. He is an ashigaru. His army is currently involved in a battle. Taro kills a man during the battle (guilt later?), but is then knocked unconscious. He regains consciousness after the battle ends and must avoid headhunters and scavengers.