Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Telly.D

Telsist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Telsist
Default Re: [question/worry?] End Up Like Face of Mankind?

I'm not going to try to convince anyone to play FoM. But I will suggest that if you try it, keep an open mind. Be patient. Cooperate with your faction. Take interest in what's going on. Know your place in the community. New players start at a lower rank. Older players have earned their positions. Listen to them, and learn from their experience.

You have no idea how many new players we get that think they know everything and try to run the faction without paying their dues. Give respect, then you'll get respect.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Bakemono

ToshiMaru has a spectacular aura aboutToshiMaru has a spectacular aura about

overall though, Tatsumaki wont be like FoM. For one, FoM is also a semi FPS; which is why the game is kind of screwed. Most MMORPG's are associated with the traditional melee weapons and occassional bows and arrows. But none so far, that has successfully used live FPSing. I think thats why the community is kind of screwed.

I notice that in FoM, the main population is of those of traditional FPS gamers, who think its okay to mouth off a lot during gameplay, (ex. pwned, noob, owned, *&tch, and many others.) its like, FPS-ism is a magnet that attracts mostly immature people.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Telly.D

ToshiMaru, A few months ago I would have agreed with you. But now, I think I understand it a little better. While FoM may attract "FPS gamers" as you call them, I won't lay that down as being the deciding factor of behavior.

FoM is a community based game. It releases a lot of otherwise hidden pride in your character, in your friends, and in your faction. I've seen socially mature 12 year olds act more appropriately than 35 year old business men. Because of the context in which the game is played, player versus player, what starts as friendly trash talk quickly escalates into socially acceptable gestures of rudeness. You'll find that behavior relies heavily on what is considered acceptable inside each group of friends. In my faction, we have continually discouraged the sort of activity which you mentioned...and as a result, our members are some of the best behaved in the game. (We have our share of young teenagers. 13-16. They've just been conditioned to act in a way that we laid as example.)

Please note that it is not my intention to discriminate against age differences. I do, however, realize that from a psychological standpoint, teenagers have not matured mentally to the same point that older people have. They are still learning a lot of things about themselves and their peers. This somewhat contributes to what is, in FoM, considered "CS Mentality".
Old 02-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Bakemono

ToshiMaru has a spectacular aura aboutToshiMaru has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I've seen socially mature 12 year olds act more appropriately than 35 year old business men
now thats a true word of wisdom.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:05 PM
The one man Gods fear.

Raku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telsist
Well, if it makes any difference, I've been an avid member of the Face of Mankind community for 12 months. True, FoM's a boring game; and I hope for more from Tatsumaki. My red light's not going off yet, though. Perhaps I'm gullable, but I believe Sykoi when he says this game won't turn into FoM.
Damn Gombie...

Anyway yeah, i uninstalled FoM after almost a years play. The way its set up - tje combat, the economy, the factions - theres just no place for a new player, and even then experienced players like myself can feel left out or bored at times.

FoM is basically an MMO for CS kiddies (as in the 'hardcore players' or 'greifers'), and because of that the game is almost dependant on combat to survive. In fact, thats how many players live in the FoM universe - through senseless PvP.

Thats why, i hope, that Tatsumaki can bring me more then senseless killing, which i KNOW it will.

EDIT:

And yes, regarding Telsist's statements, i know what its like to meet a very mature young person . Its especially great when they role-play, and i have many times found myself preferring to 'hang out' with people younger then myself, then with those older then me. I spent many days going about polite, nice, and generous to the masses, but found that no matter what i did (give out millions of credits for no reasons, free weapons, armour, ammo, etc.) people still went on just to forget it, and go straight back to fighting after 'some n00b gav3 me sum frE stffz0rZ!'.

I owned the medical market for a good long time there, too but it was before the wipe though, when everyone was having FUN.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:34 AM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

Ya, i tried to play that, but i couldnt get any missions, find anything to fight, or make any money . So I was lost.
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 03-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Telly.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses
Ya, i tried to play that, but i couldnt get any missions, find anything to fight, or make any money . So I was lost.

This is something I hear often from people that try it, then quit within a couple of days. The game doesn't work around YOUR schedule, like many other RPGs; Instead, you have to work around ITS schedule(More specifically, the schedule of a few hundred players).
Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 AM

Mokurei is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mokurei

Have they changed the combat system at all recently? Is 3rd person still a waste of time for combat?
Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 AM
Demon of the Shinsengumi

kyohisakawa is on a distinguished road

Face of Mankind was a terrible failure in my opinion. It wasn't user friendly, the combat was very, very dull, and if you're new to it? Hah, good luck there.

My first experience was: Go in, get a gun, get told to stop running from a guy or I'll be shot, get shot at, die, lose my gun, take 10 minutes to respawn, go to a new place, get hunted down and killed, go to New York after 10 minute respawn, get owned by 20 high ranked players.

The End!

After that experience, I couldn't trust anyone, because hell, the first guys that killed me chased me for like 15 minutes just because I didn't want to talk to them. Not ONCE did I get any kind of mission, I was much too afraid of dying to even try.

Yeah, I really don't like that game.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Telly.D

The people that stick it out and become a part of the community seem to like it much more than do those that try to play it alone. It's a community building game.