Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
sneak master

the sneak is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts about the wiki

I actually did spend some time looking over the wiki and I read just about everything there was to read on there. I will say that it answered a lot of questions I had as well as raised some new ones.

One of the things I would like to see in T-Law is the implementation of naturally occuring lightning. I know that isnt anything terribly profound but I think that if there is talking about implementing a real functioning world altering weather system, what if you could be running around durning a lightning storm and you get struck by lightning haha.

when I was reading about breaking the laws, and it mentioned how if you get yourself in some heat you better be willing to pay the fine, or else. are you going to be able to battle the guards to escape your jail or possible fatal fate? I dont of course mean be able to take on an entire town single handedly, (unless there arent sufficient guards)

One question I had, is if there are no monsters (which I like) does that mean that T-LAW will be more focused on say the political aspect of the game, in the case of large scale battles for territories. or is it truely a free open game where you can just roam around and do whatever whenever with no drive other than your own ambition? although I do really like the idea that you can really do and live however you want, is there a replacement for the standard grinding? (sorry if these are stupid questions)
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo
Default Re: Thoughts about the wiki

well to answer your first questino about lightning im saying thats prolly a no go....(maybe sykoiw ill like it) but from the eyes of a programmer its just not worth it say

public class lightning(){} //just the animation that makes the sky light up
while(thunderstorm==true){
random rand=new random; //random declaration
int x=rand.nextInt(1,10);
if (x==10)
{
lightning();
}
}

now thats a fairly shitty example of a program but thats somthing that would be present to just make the sky light up (the chances would prolly be far less likley then 10%)

now in oder to have dangerous lightning youd need to run another pointless if, say you make the random (1,10000000000000) (a number farrrrr to great for most c++ or java variables) and
if(x==100000000000000){
player=ownd;
}

all that was really un necessary but what im saying is, its amount of code that would have a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a chacne to be used (and plus who wants to get struck by lightning in a game)

well the way the game is set up (as far as i can see) potentially think of oblviion of morrowind, teh guards approach you and say, pay the fine, go to jail, resist arrest, and well...self explanitory. As far as killing an entire town, its possible not likley but entirly possible.

and it is said to be a sand box mmo, do what you want if you wanna rule japan do it, if you wanna fish do it, the possibilities are prety much limitless

note: IM NOT A DEV THESE ARE ALL OPINIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS SYKOI CAN AGREE OR SMACK ME IN TEH HEAD....or both...most likley both

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

They may have some side storylines and such for those who are unimaginative and cannot exist in a world with nothing to direct them, perhaps they can set up a publication of sorts, like the COH/COV comic that is based on the events of the game.I know they are going to have the anime covering stuff like that, but a subscribed to newsletter or comic would not be a bad Idea for those who don't want to take the time to watch the Anime and just wat to jump into the game. It could be used to give background on what has happened in public view in the last couple of months so there can be a kind of story line. Make it a quarterly publication, running about 2 months behind the actual game. I think I'll copy this into the Ninjitsu master's area as well as a suggestion.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 11-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Kensuke is on a distinguished road

A publication with side stories shouldn't be involved. I think the majority of the story aspect should come from your decisions and expierences with friends in game. The story would revolve around you and or your allies, interests, goals, alliance, personality, ect.

The NPC's which you take tasks from would help you guide yourself on your own story. Characters outside of the game would be a nuisance.. Example: One of the characters in this side story is a Christian leader wishes to obtain more followers in the name of god. Me being a buddhist would like to punish him for trying to spread his cursed western religion (or at least disuade him). And obviously having interaction with these characters would be utterly impossible.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:03 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

I did n't organize my thought very well there. The storylines and the publication were two unrelated ideas that just kinda came out at the same time. The story lines would be small, non-important to the grand scheme of things, kind of storys.

The publication I was thinking of would basically be following different player characters in their adventures. Kinda of like a series of un related short stories placed in the same area and era, or even select a couple of people to play central figures in an ongoing story.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Kensuke is on a distinguished road

Ahh, I see now just something to keep people interested in the time frame and culture of japan. I like this idea, other mmorpgs used these and I liked reading them.