Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Adaox is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down First impressions and something more

I have being looking for a good MMORPG for a long time. When I read the first articles in the Wiki, i said: Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for. After i read some more articles i realized that this was the game i always wished to play. This project can be resumed in one word: AMBICIOUS

Why ambicious? Because they want to make a game both realistic and fun. Perhaps so realistic that is almost a Sengoku period Japan simulator. Of course this realism makes this games a hard undertaking, speacialy if you notice that this is an independently developed game. The developers will have to contact many diferent professional of diferents areas. Since most of them are non gamers, developers can't espect that they will willingly come and help the project. Things like the realistic item crafiting will require many knowledges, from tailoring to chemistry. A weather simulator? You will sure need a metereorologist. Finaly the realistic fighting sistem will require a HUGE knowledge of martial arts moves what may be hard to gather, since some old martial weapons have very few or no trainers alive today.

Also about the fighting sistem, 2 games that the developers MUST play are the playstation "Bushido Blade" and "Bushido Blade 2". If you can make a similar fight gameplay, but also suitable for fighting many enemies at once, this game will be fantastic.

I played many MMORPGS, like Knight Online, Mu, Conquer, Ultima Online and recently 9Dragons. I also played some p2p games in pirate servers. But I simply got bored and now i can't play a new game more than few weeks. They are all the same thing, just with a little diferent background. Same content with diferent package. They all have their gameplay resumed here.

You start weak and want to get stronger. For that reason you have to find some mobs for killing. Since you are very weak, all you can kill are some stupid animals, that are there simply waiting your arrival. Them you start automaticaly spanking dogs, foxes, wolfs, bears, tiger, whatever has fangs or claws. C'mon! where is the logic of this thing? Have you ever heard that kung fu fighters spanked foxes for becoming stronger?

But you finaly level up. them you search something stronger and stronger an stronger to automaticaly kill on sight. Doesn't matter what is the suposed to be ideology of your character (like paladin, shaolin, whatever), just kill and be happy. This is simply boring.

While you're not "hunting", you're probably doing quests for geting rewards. You talk to a NPC and open a quest log. There you will find exactly what you have to do, where you have to do, how you have to do. Doesn't matter the text of the NPC speech, just follow the log and everything will go rigth. Doesn't matter if the quest was saving the town from bandits, you know that everything is an excuse for killing mobs or delivering items and get a reward. You know that if you fail, everything will stay the same. Same thing if you complete the quest. The next bastard to talk to the NPC will get the same quest.

Them you get strong. The next step depends of the focus of the game server, PvP or PvE. PvP>> Just kill killl kill, join a guild, kill kill kill. Some may enjoy this but i tell you this: Where is the RPG? I know that the combat strategies and may be fun, but they aren't that spetacular due to the fact that in most games the sistem decides who will hit more often the enemy. All players do is character building, hiting some skill hotkeys during battles and watch.

PvE>>The major problem of this one is the fact that the world isn't much imersive. Make a party and go make quests. It may be fun, but you know that your quest doesn't realy change the world, the main city will not burn if you cant kill the demon general of the invasor army, it will be there tomorrow for more playing.

That's the great problem. The Role playing was forgotten and the worlds aren't imersive. After some months of playing a new title,some players just get bored and move to a new title, hoping that this one bring something new, diferent. But after some months of gameplay, the same happens. All the new MMORPG games follow the same formula because they are comercial products and doesn't matter if the idea is good or not, what matter is if its sold or not.

Well, thats all for now
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First impressions and something more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaox View Post
I have being looking for a good MMORPG for a long time. When I read the first articles in the Wiki, i said: Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for. After i read some more articles i realized that this was the game i always wished to play. This project can be resumed in one word: AMBICIOUS

Why ambicious? Because they want to make a game both realistic and fun. Perhaps so realistic that is almost a Sengoku period Japan simulator. Of course this realism makes this games a hard undertaking, speacialy if you notice that this is an independently developed game. The developers will have to contact many diferent professional of diferents areas. Since most of them are non gamers, developers can't espect that they will willingly come and help the project. Things like the realistic item crafiting will require many knowledges, from tailoring to chemistry. A weather simulator? You will sure need a metereorologist. Finaly the realistic fighting sistem will require a HUGE knowledge of martial arts moves what may be hard to gather, since some old martial weapons have very few or no trainers alive today.

Also about the fighting sistem, 2 games that the developers MUST play are the playstation "Bushido Blade" and "Bushido Blade 2". If you can make a similar fight gameplay, but also suitable for fighting many enemies at once, this game will be fantastic.

I played many MMORPGS, like Knight Online, Mu, Conquer, Ultima Online and recently 9Dragons. I also played some p2p games in pirate servers. But I simply got bored and now i can't play a new game more than few weeks. They are all the same thing, just with a little diferent background. Same content with diferent package. They all have their gameplay resumed here.

You start weak and want to get stronger. For that reason you have to find some mobs for killing. Since you are very weak, all you can kill are some stupid animals, that are there simply waiting your arrival. Them you start automaticaly spanking dogs, foxes, wolfs, bears, tiger, whatever has fangs or claws. C'mon! where is the logic of this thing? Have you ever heard that kung fu fighters spanked foxes for becoming stronger?

But you finaly level up. them you search something stronger and stronger an stronger to automaticaly kill on sight. Doesn't matter what is the suposed to be ideology of your character (like paladin, shaolin, whatever), just kill and be happy. This is simply boring.

While you're not "hunting", you're probably doing quests for geting rewards. You talk to a NPC and open a quest log. There you will find exactly what you have to do, where you have to do, how you have to do. Doesn't matter the text of the NPC speech, just follow the log and everything will go rigth. Doesn't matter if the quest was saving the town from bandits, you know that everything is an excuse for killing mobs or delivering items and get a reward. You know that if you fail, everything will stay the same. Same thing if you complete the quest. The next bastard to talk to the NPC will get the same quest.

Them you get strong. The next step depends of the focus of the game server, PvP or PvE. PvP>> Just kill killl kill, join a guild, kill kill kill. Some may enjoy this but i tell you this: Where is the RPG? I know that the combat strategies and may be fun, but they aren't that spetacular due to the fact that in most games the sistem decides who will hit more often the enemy. All players do is character building, hiting some skill hotkeys during battles and watch.

PvE>>The major problem of this one is the fact that the world isn't much imersive. Make a party and go make quests. It may be fun, but you know that your quest doesn't realy change the world, the main city will not burn if you cant kill the demon general of the invasor army, it will be there tomorrow for more playing.

That's the great problem. The Role playing was forgotten and the worlds aren't imersive. After some months of playing a new title,some players just get bored and move to a new title, hoping that this one bring something new, diferent. But after some months of gameplay, the same happens. All the new MMORPG games follow the same formula because they are comercial products and doesn't matter if the idea is good or not, what matter is if its sold or not.

Well, thats all for now
Welcome to the forums, and just to clear a few things up:
1) We never set out to create a historical recreation of Japan... We'll try our best to keep it as accurate as possible, but we definitely aren't going to have more than a few important historical figures, or anything like that - as that would completely destroy the openness of the game (Can't really become the emperor if theres already one who wasn't overthrown for awhile... Can't become the best weapon smith when theres already one out there who you can't beat, etc.)
2) We are all gamers, and very good at what we do as well... We never planned on getting true experts in their fields aside from actual development stuff (In other words, no meteorologists, no master martial artists, etc.)
Old 01-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road

Uh, actually, Shiro is a master martial artist!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:35 PM

blacknebula is on a distinguished road

I feel that what adaox said is true in regards of what mmorpgs have turned out to be nowadays, wasteful pieces of repetitive crap. However i think this game will be different if it sticks with what the info in wiki and the forums say. I don't agree though that you need "experts" of all kinds to create a game except for programmers and all that kind of stuff (duhh), i think that all you need is a vivid imagination and if you wanna keep things accurate read a good and accurate book. Is not that hard...

sorry just had to speak my mind
Old 01-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road

So long as it has an actual combat system it'll be perfect. I agree a fighting system like Bushido Blade or Way of the Samurai would be nice to see, the way it's explained, however, it seems more along the lines of Tekken or Soul Caliber. Which is cool too.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

hey if u want a master certified badass

right here buddy

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Old 02-04-2007, 08:18 AM

Delerium is on a distinguished road

I have a lot of hopes for this game. I thought 9 dragons would be the game for me but they should have called it "grind drag-ons" haha I made myself laugh...*cries*

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
A sharp katana, thick armor, a strong heart......that's how I roll.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:28 AM

shiverth is on a distinguished road

i too would like to see a game where you can change the game world, eg dig dirt,mine,smith,make things out of wood,iron,brass,stone ect..
as in build the towns,villages and when killing a (insert mob here) its dead gone forever, skill building type game are not bad but most are done wrong,not every one wants to be a fighter and kill killl kill, some have just as much fun building,crafting,farming ect...

with out such people the fighter would go with out food,armor or a place to sleep

i would like to see a game where a crafter could make a new item never seen in the world before, you want real well this is where it starts IMOO

however this maybe to much to ask for with out getting my own project started
Old 02-15-2007, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Well Tatsumaki is pretty much all that, without the monsters.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:20 AM
HDRL Editor-in-Chief

Trin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Trin Send a message via AIM to Trin Send a message via MSN to Trin Send a message via Yahoo to Trin

I think the biggest worry most people have is: "Are the team members suitably badass?"

Never fear, dear readers. As long as I remain on the staff, I am badass enough for the whole team together.

The New Face of Gaming
http://hdrlying.com
"Trin in a poetry contest is like, pitting an NFL player against a team of 5th grade touch-football. It's unfair on so many levels." ~Hiromi