Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > Manga

Manga A Tatsumaki manga, created by Yagyu

Old 02-14-2009, 01:00 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage
Default Re: Tatsumaki Manga

hey, did you all come up with all the characters yourselves? do you take characters from the old RPG threads? I had one in the character pages that I would love to see drawn up. Even if he wasn't in the story, I would love to get a picture of him to go with the short stories I wrote about him. Lemme know, I'll link his info.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

nice...
Old 02-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

The characters are almost all historical. And, with the knowledge that this work is a certain form of fiction, fairly historically accurate, as well. Some liberties are being taken, particularly in the "cloudy" areas of their histories. So, "based on the lives of..." would be an accurate description of this project, since many of the Small Details in said lives are entirely unknown, and thus open to authoritative interpretation. It's fun! But bottom line-cover-our-asses-statement: This is fiction.

That said, I wouldn't be put off by the idea of working some of the roleplays into a manga at some point. "Some Point" being after this project, if its the same team working on it
Old 02-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

Historical Fiction would be better put

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

Yeah. "Sleep" is not something I had when I made that post. Or this post. I'm yawning right now, actually.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:58 PM
The Savage Wolf

HEy, I am willing to write short stories about different characters that could be turned into comics. I have done this before for people who were starting their own comics up, but none of them ever got very far. Guess they weren't too serious.
but I have a good flair for words and can write a pretty good story when given a base to start on. character or two and an event for the scene.

I say short stories (5 pages tops) cause everything I write longer than that disapears from my hard drive or the hard copies vanish. still waiting for my full book I wrote to show up somewhere in print.all disks and hardcopies were stolen when I was in the navy. and the hard drive of my computer wiped. that sucked. 6 months of writing and 300 pages of rough draft gone.

-Warning-

Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 02-15-2009, 05:07 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Well see, I have a full plot already written out for this story so i wont be doin any other stories yet, but i am planning on working little character camoes of community members into the story line. nothing major but enough to get yourself seen in the comic. So eventualy i will need descriptions or sketches of player characters to work into the story. This is more a story ive had for some time ive been working and wanting to actually do, Thanx to vahn pushing me im finally getting it done. I have 3 graphic novels im writing and drawing this being the third so but now that im bein helped im giving this one priority over the other 2. I am only a page away from being finished with the first chapter and our chapters are small as well 5-10 pages max. So once i finish the next page ill take em and get em scanned and then vahns fgriend neo can ink em and vahn can do the word baloons and we can start posting pages or panels.

Also id like to as if there is someone who either has the script or knows flash well enough who would like to work at animating the comic nothing major but like u see the panel apear then the word baloons apear in sequence as to whos talin somthin like that.

Ok for all who havent seen the cover of the manga yet here it is again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Munisai Cover.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	730.2 KB
ID:	843  
Old 02-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Ok our final Bio before the first chapter release.

BIO
Name: Lord Shinmen Sokan
Hair: Black with full beard
Style: Tori Ryu
Weapon of Choice: Shinmen Ceremonial Katana

Lord Shinmen Sokana head of the Japanese clan of Shinmen during the Sengoku period (16th century) of Japan. Sokan was known as a rather petty daimyo in the mountainous regions of Sakushu, which was west of Kyoto. When he was younger he took a great interest in swordsmanship. One day a ronin known as Hirata Shokan came to Sakushu seeking to challenge the strongest warriors he could find. Lord Shinmen heard of this and decided to test just how strong this man was. He invited Shokan to his castle but the invite was a trap to lure Shokan to the castle where Shinmen had ordered his men to kill any intruders on site. Shokan approached the castle and attempted to tell the guards of his invitation. The guards laughed drawing their weapons and attacking Shokan. He easily dispatched them. Outraged and more determined he then took on the entire castle fighting his way all the way into Lord Shinmens audience chamber.
Finally coming face to face with Lord Shinmen covered in blood Shokan demanded to know why the lord had betrayed him. Lord Shinmen simply laughed and explained his reasons and offered Shokan a position as his Personal Sword Instructor. Shokan was outraged and flat out refused. Turning to leave the castle he caught the sight of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen standing to the sidelines. His heart pounded and his feet refused to move. Lord Shinmen who was no fool immediately noticed Shokans temptation. Smiling he introduced the young woman to Shokan. She was none other then his very own daughter. He then again apologized to Shokan for his deception and asked Shokan to not only teach him swordsmanship but to teach him Honor as well.
Shokan his temper now cooled by the fair face of Shinmens daughter agreed. After a year of serving Lord Shinmen, Hirata Shokan began to feel the urge to wander. Seeing that he may lose his treasured sword instructor Lord Shinmen decided to offer his daughter to Hirata Shokan as his bride. Shokan once again lured by Lord Shinmen agreed and stayed on for a number of years when finally his son Hirata Taketo was born. Lord Shinmen was ecstatic about the boy and the child stayed in the palace for a few of his early years. however Shokan realized that his son living in such an enviroment would become soft and spoiled. He could not allow a son of the Hirata clan to be as such. And so he explained his position to Lord Shinmen. Lord Shinmen would not hear of his precious grandchild living as a common peasant. And so Shokan and his family fled in the middle of the night. Settling in the village of Miyamoto and changing the childs name to Munisai. Shokan also took on an alias and for a couple of years they lived in peace. Shokan trained the child in the ways of the sword every day since the boy could stand.
However it was not long before Lord Shinmens spies had tracked Shokan down. Lord Shinmen knew none of his men could defeat Shokan and steal the child back so he hired the immortal Shinobi who was called the God of Monsters. None other then Fuma Kotaro. Kotaro agreed to assassinate Shokan for a price.
One night when Shokan was practicing Kotaro entered his dojo. He casualy explained his intentions and asked why Shokan had stolen Lord Shinmens daughter and grandchild away. Shokan explained it was for the boys growth. Kotaro found no fault with his logic and conceded that Shokan was a wise man. However Kotaro had taken an assassination contract. No matter how much he respected the man he was fated to kill him. The two men began to battle, it was a fierce fight, No one before had ever given Kotaro a challenge as such. But a Shinobi warrior is not known for fighting honorably and firing a poison needle from his mouth into Shokans throat the battle was over.
Shoken only having minutes to live before the poison reached his heart pleaded with Kotaro not to allow the child to return to Lord Shinmen. Kotaro merely walked out of the room. He then went into the house and dispatched of the mother. He looked at the young boy and something struck him. Shokan was right. There was something in this child something strong. Kotaro was intrigued and returned to Lord Shinmen.
Shinmen was furious that Kotaro had not returned the child. Kotaro simply gave the lord a hear chilling stare and told him that until the boy had entered into manhood he was not to return to the palace or know of his origins.
Lord Shinmen refused only to find Kotaro's blade at his throat. Lord Shinmen reluctantly agreed. Kotaro warned the Lord he would be watching and vanished into the midst of the night.
Lord Shokan has thus been awaiting patiently for Munisai to enter manhood to see his last remaining heir. He has been keeping tabs on the boy and now with time passed has realized Shokan was right. The boy has become a strong and powerful swordsmen. lord Shinmen could not be happier. He had always wished he himself could have been a great swordsmaster such as Hiarata Shokan. And now his own grandchild his own flesh and blood his Heir would be perhaps the strongest swordsmen in the Land.
With the Shoguns Tournement coming up Lord Shokan has decided it is time for the boy to embrace his destiny.

OK so also before i finish the last page of the first chapter i am willing to draw someone in as a Cameo appearance. The only stipulation is that youll have to except whatever i do with the character so if hes gonna fight say munisai and die well thats a possibility, not saying that will neccessarily happen It could be something as simple as you give directions to Munisai or another charactrer. lol anyway if you would like your character to be the first Cameo let me know. Im preferably looking for someone who would be a spear master. Ill wait a day or two and if i dont have any cameo volunteers ill just create a character for the role.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shinmen.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	552.6 KB
ID:	844  

Last edited by Yagyu; 02-16-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:51 PM
The Savage Wolf

Here is my character, I'm more than happy to see him in a cameo. Yama
I based his family name from L5R, but I think I am going to change it to Ryubara, after my clan. that might fit a bit better, since it is actually from the language. Any advice on that would be much apreciated. He could easily be a spear master, but tends to rely as much on heavier weapons like the tetsubo due to his strength.

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 AM

Ok heres the bio for our first Cameo character. Svages character.

Name: Ryubara Yama
hair: usualy bald or short black, with a well groomed beard sometimes clean shaven.
Style: Tori Ryu as well as his own unique fighting style
Weapon of choice: Tetsuba. Yari. naganita. Anything that can take out the opponent with one huge crushing blow.

Bio:
Ryubara Yama was very young when his family fell defending their lords castle in the Chaos at the outset of the early Muramachi period. Only he and his younger Brother escaped. Yama was very protective of his brother who tended to get into trouble often. As the two boys grew the found they both had great talent in the martial arts. Especially Yama whos immense strength and size give him an immediate psychological advantage over most of his opponents. After travelling the lands and in some areas even becoming local heroes, the two brothers eventually parted.
Yama traveled west into Sakushu where he one day met a man in a small village. There was something about this man that Yama instantly liked. And also something that Yama wished to challenge. The man Yama met was none other then Hirata Shokan. Shokan was a pleasant host and a wise man who gave Yama alot to ponder on. The next day Yama asked Shokan for a match. Shokan did his best to disaude Yama from his ambitions but Yama would have none of it. Reluctantly Shokan agreed and he and Yama went to the Dojo and prepared. Yama at the time was using a large wooden club. Shoken however had a small wooden Jitte. Yama was stunned he insisted that Shokan use a bokken or a bo staff. But Shokan had already settled on the Jitte.

Towering over Shokan Yama gave a loud shout and raced towards the man. Shokan stood his ground, not even a hint of fear in him. Yama brought his club down aiming for Shokans shoulder knowing he wouldnt kill his opponent but regreting that he might crush the mans arm. But his club never reached its target. Yama then felt the sting on his wrist, and looked to see his wrist wedged between the prongs on the jitte. He pulled the club back and dropped it to the floor. His nostrils still flaring from his charge.

Shokan merely looked up to Yama and said.
" You see my friend. The largest weapon isnt always the most effective."

Yama then let a long hardy laugh and proceeded to hug Shokan.
Shokans only reply was.
"perhaps you did win the match as i cant see a way defend against your affection."

Later Yama thanked Shokan and decided he had learned much from the man.
Shokan told Yama that he should go to Lord Shinmens castle as the Lord was always in need to strong men to teach him martial arts. He also asked yama to never mention his name to Lord Shinmen.

Yama agreed not wishing to pry and again with a bear hug and a hearty laugh lifted Shokan off the ground, bid him farewell and headed to Lord Shinemens castle.

Lord Shinmen was immediately impressed with the mans size and stature. After a small demonstration Shinmen hired him.

Yama has been teaching Lord Shinmens Samurai ever since.

But soon he will face a new challenge and learn a new lesson.

But Yama merely looks forward to such.
With a big smile and a big hearty laugh.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	yama.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	262.4 KB
ID:	845