Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road
Default [Q] Acrobatics

Classes such as ninja relied heavily on acrobatics and athletics to escape or as a means to avoid detection. Such things as running up walls to reach a ledge, and pretty well most non combative feats you would see in prince of persia were used by ninja. I was just wondering if there will be an opportunity for our characters to learn such techniques, as to add more freedom to the world, being able to reach rooftops and leap from one to the other, run up 10 foot walls grabbing the ledge, or simply rolling into a hiding place as a quick escape from sight. Nothing too unrealistic like in the movies, but rather thing you would see in freerunning/yamakaze/parkour. (don't know if anyone is familiar with that)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2005, 01:35 PM
ITS YELLOW TIME!

glowsticknation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to glowsticknation Send a message via MSN to glowsticknation Send a message via Yahoo to glowsticknation
Default Re: [Q] Acrobatics

freerunning is those crazy brits who got all acrobatic with their morning jog and now can jump higher, run faster, and survive longer falls... in addition to the whole strength training... right?

in that case... it did take them several months to build up these abilities and resistances... i don't see any large reasons why this wouldn't be so in the game, but it would take time and practice
-Tako-samurai
Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Peace Artist

yes of course, perhaps similar to morrowind; where the more you jump, the higher and farther you can, the more you run the faster you get, add climbing and wall running (and of course the combat) and you have the funnest rpg on the planet.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:31 PM
ITS YELLOW TIME!

glowsticknation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to glowsticknation Send a message via MSN to glowsticknation Send a message via Yahoo to glowsticknation

i can imagine they would add these things... although im not sure if it would be added as a built up sort of ability or if it would just be universal... or if it would be unlocked after learning certain ninjutsu...

im guessing the 2nd or the 3rd before the 1st... just because its easier to code and still moderately realistic
-Tako-samurai
Old 08-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

That sounds pretty cool though im guessing the controls would get pretty complex with all these skills.

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Old 08-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Peace Artist

Not really, it would basically be one or two buttons and conditions determine the effects, kind of like an action button. If you run to a wall and press the action button, you'd run up the wall. Things like that. It's been done in other games, but never in a MMO. I think merging action/arcade controls with an MMO spells success. Only reason I don't play any MMOs is because of the controls, I find them boring and non-immersive. But hopefully something like this will be added in the game.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

thats been done in Gunz if you count that as an mmo. It was more of a arena shooter with lvls lol but yeah you could wall run wall jump and all that pretty fun stuff,

Another thing you could do in that game which i think would be good to have in tatsumaki is that you could use your sword to hang on walls/any verticle surface by jabbing your sword into it. Though maybe doing this to stone walls might be a bit over doing it,
but since plenty of feudal japan was wood building it might be cool to catch yourself jump catch jump ect... being able to scale walls.

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Old 08-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Peace Artist

I don't like that idea. I doubt any samurai would jab their soul into a wall. And ninja used special tools for scaling walls.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:47 PM

Mokurei is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Mokurei

I wish I was a freerunner soooo much omg!

BTW: Gunz suckz
Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Bakemono

ToshiMaru has a spectacular aura aboutToshiMaru has a spectacular aura about

yes, Freerunning(aka Pakour) is the Uberest awesome-est. I saw the tv specials on it, and i got hooked. its amazing the kind of stuff they do, and heres a really good site on it - www.urbanfreeflow.com

and, i do hope that we will be abled to do some Prince of Persia moves, but it should be kept at a level that keeps it at realism.