Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > Role-playing

Role-playing Post stories, character descriptions, or role-play as your character here.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 PM

Ashikaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ashikaga
Default The Ikko Ikki Campaign RPG

The Ikko Ikki Campaign RPG

Chapter One: The Long Haul
The rain fell in torrents on the Castle of Ota. The rainy season had lasted longer than usual, drenching the earth. Saika Magoichi inspected his men. They had been training all morning in the down pour, and were starting to show signs of tiring. In small units they practiced drills and close quarter combat, learning ways to effectively use their renowned rifles from and a distance and up close and personal. He stopped them, ordering them to form up. They ran into position, several ranks of soaking wet men lined together. They wore their uniforms and armour, each almost identical. Their jingasa helmets kept the rain off of their heads, but the rest of their light armour did nothing to stop the water. Their simple breast plates still shone, painted pure white, despite the lack of sunlight through the clouds. Magoichi smiled to himself, and let them continue.
Stepping inside, he made his way to his office. Within, he had adorned the wall with Buddhist scrolls and haiku writings. Seating himself at his simple, low, black-wood desk, he looked over papers regarding the running of his small army. Rather puzzlingly, he heard running footsteps down the corridor. He slid open his door and peered out. Just down the hall was a running messenger. The messenger stopped at this door, panting for breath. Magoichi motioned the boy inside.

“Catch your breath, then tell me your news.” Said Magoichi. Moments passed as the panting courier breathed heavily, colour returning to his face.

“It’s the Oda,” he gasped, “They’ve attacked the Ishiyama Hongan-ji – they’ve blockaded the whole thing.” The boy seemed relieved to have given his message, and seemed to relax a little.

“Hmmm. This is very serious news. Stay here and rest. Find one of the other envoys; have them deliver this message to the abbot Kennyo.” Magoichi hastily scribbled out a message on plain paper, rolling up and sealing it with wax. The messenger took the scroll, bowed and scurried off. Magoichi stood, stretched and thought of the news. He stepped out the door and slipped on his straw sandals. Marching back towards the training yard, he breathed deeply. He placed himself under the eaves of the courtyard, slightly raised from the dirt ground, able to see over the square.
“Form up!” Magoichi bellowed. His men immediately ran back into their square formation as before, standing straight and to attention. “Stand easy…” he took a deep breath, “I have just received grave news from the Ishiyama Hongan-ji. They have attacked by the Oda clan, who have now blockaded them in, cutting off their supplies. I am leading several of you to the temple to assist in any way we can. Any volunteers?” There was a slight delay, until in unison every man volunteered. Magoichi smiled. “This is good to see, but I cannot lead all of you.” Looking towards his captain, he ordered “Select 15 of your best men to undertake this mission. You will stay here with the rest to defend the place.” The captain bowed and started calling out names. Magoichi turned and went back inside, thinking of what had to be arranged.
After several minutes of silent thinking in his office, he called in his second in command, giving him a list of things to gather, armour, weapons, supplies for the men, supplies for the besieged temple. It would not be an easy undertaking, not least with a supply train following along. It would be dangerous, Magoichi knew, but it had to be done. They would depart at sunrise and make quick time north to the temple.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu

Last edited by Ashikaga; 03-22-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 07:35 AM

Default Re: The Ikko Ikki Campaign RPG

By the next morning, everything was ready. Magoichi walked down the line of men and supply carts, smiling at their efficiency and discipline. On his order, the fortress gates were opened and the convoy moved out, moving quickly through the town. Looking down a side street in the town of Ota, Magoichi saw a shadow flicker past, and felt eyes on him and his men. Ordering the main group to continue, he lead two of the soldiers with him to investigate. Turning a corner into a dark alley, he again saw the shadow, that of a thin and agile young man. The trio charged after him. The chase lead them through houses and gardens, down dark alleyways and across major roads. The spy, whoever he was, nimbly climbed onto the rooves of the houses, sprinting across them. From below, Magoichi's men continued to chase. Sentries further down the road saw the spy and fired, but all missed. Magoichi turned off, hoping to intercept the boy. His soldiers continued the pursuit, barely keeping up. The boy darted around a corner, so nearly escaping them. However, Magoichi was there first. He jerked out his fist and sent the boy sprawling. Quickly pacing over to the semi-conscious boy, Magoichi grabbed him by his collar, shaking him violently.
"Who do you work for?!" Magoichi snarled, his hand whipping out to smack the boy. "Answer me!". Again his hand flew out, this time harder, further bruising the boys already bleeding face. Magoichi's men came round the corner, their swords drawn, poised for the kill.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 03-22-2010, 11:59 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

"If you keep hitting me I can't answer, now can I?" Kagekaze said as he spit out some blood. "I work for no one unless contracted, and I was contracted to come out here and help you out. Lucky for you I saw you leaving and came after you." he eyed the drawn swords. "Takes alot of you to threaten a lone scout, huh? Here I come to help you and you go beating me up."

After a moment of silence Kage spoke again. "So if you want to get technical, I work for you. So could you please put me down?"

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 03-22-2010, 12:08 PM

"Contracted to help me? By who?" Magoichi was thrown, and the confusion clearly spread across his face. The other two men eased a little, the situation now seemingly in control.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 03-22-2010, 12:15 PM
The Savage Wolf

Kage enjoyed having turned the tables on Magoichi. "Well now, it wouldn't be prudent for me to just go off and tell you everyone who hires me, now would it? My name and clan will have to suffice for now." He stepped back and bowed to Magoichi. "Ryubara Kagekaze, at your service. But please, just call me Kaze. I am an information gatherer, most often employed as a scout, and it is in this capacity that I have been contracted to serve you. One stipulation though, my work with you cannot interfere with any goal of my employer. I'll let you know if there is a conflict." he finished with a smile.

-Warning-

Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 03-22-2010, 12:21 PM

"I guess I have no choice but to trust you for now. But I'm keeping an eye on you boy. If you really are working for me, tell me what you know of the situation in Settsu. Do any forces approach us here?" Magoichi knew it was risky to trust this newcomer, especially with Oda's spies everywhere. But he had a good feeling about this one.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM
The Savage Wolf

"Not alot going on in that area. I saw a few scouts, but nothing more. And now there are a few less scouts, and a few more shallow graves. As for any forces comming here, none that I saw, but I was more interested in arriving than scouting." Kage said.

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 PM

Magoichi nodded, motioning for his new scout, Kagekaze, to follow him. The wagon train moved on down through the town as the peasants looked on, admiration in there eyes. In this town, there were no samurai. As Ikko-Ikki, they opposed the rule of the samurai class, and had driven them out long ago. However, the bands of these men were few and far between, scattered across the whole of Japan and pursecuted by almost every daimyo. With few soldiers and fewer allies, the groups had to help each other like this, or they would all fail.

Outside the town of Ota, the castle now distant, the wagon halted. Magoichi quickly moved up the line to see what the hold up was about. A huge tree had fallen straight across the road, blocking it completely. They had to move this tree out of the way, and quickly.
"You there, woodcutter! Come here!" Magoichi called to a group of men near the road, ready with axes.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM

Shinobikaito is on a distinguished road

Kaito came from the woods, his large axe in hand. He rubbed his scruffy, shaven, bald head.

"Gaha! Sorry about that! Your little group of warriors could have been crushed... The power of nature, a mighty thing, is it not?" Kaito laughed with a kind smile on his face.

"I have a reputation for speed." ~Hozoin In'ei
Old 03-23-2010, 04:37 AM

Magoichi smiled at the man's warmth. "Yes, friend. Would you and your men be able to clear a path, and quickly?" he called.
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu