Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Humble warrior

Leluu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Leluu
Default Re: [Q] Gender Option

Same maximum stats/attributes but different starting stats/attributes? For example:
male = more constitution
female = more agility
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Broken Artist

Kiros will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kiros

Leluu Thats kinda what I was thinking, but i just dont know if we should do that.

Scared yet?
Old 08-22-2005, 12:45 PM
2D

ninjaxmaster is on a distinguished road

Well, some women are going to be large and slow. So, if anything like that would be doe, it should be based upon the characters body type rather than their gender.

ちぐるま とう :The Blood Wheel Clan Family!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Broken Artist

Kiros will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kiros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaxmaster
Well, some women are going to be large and slow. So, if anything like that would be doe, it should be based upon the characters body type rather than their gender.
HAHAAHAH ninja.. NEVER say a women is large.. lol omg.. anyway if it comes down to your better at certain things cause of your body type.. that could take some work to figure out.

Scared yet?
Old 08-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Kame family leader

Grun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Grun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaxmaster
I wuld say you're taking it the wrong way. You don't base agility and such on gender. You base the body type on gender. And then you base agility and such on body type. If such an system will be implemented.

This means, a woman is more likely to be a body type which fits with (whatever), while a man is more likely to have a body type that is good for(whatever else).
Old 08-22-2005, 03:49 PM
ITS YELLOW TIME!

glowsticknation is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to glowsticknation Send a message via MSN to glowsticknation Send a message via Yahoo to glowsticknation

i have to agree with a majority of the statements, but in all honesty women are the superior race in everyway i can think of... and i know people claim that men are stronger, but this is a falacy as well... although its a modern falacy and not a 16th japanese falacy, it could still cause some criticism...

im only proposing gender neutrality as a form of keeping the peace between women who want to play women and not have their population be muddied by 40% male population and men who want to be men, but not if it means losing abilities and strengths...

also, there is another falacy at work here... which is bigger = slower... in the case of machinery and such it is usually true, but in the body it all depends on what type of training you do more... you can build bulk and still be as nimble and agile as you were before...

that being said, i think body type and gender should be aesthetic and nothing more, but thats just my opinion... you guys go wild with it
-Tako-samurai
Old 08-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road

I don't think there should be a difference in stats or attributes, but in terms of what one could call themselves, there should be limitations for the women. Namely calling themselves Samurai and what not.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Student of the Elements

OmegaLord is on a distinguished road

Woman noblemen where considered samurai aswell, altough it would be odd to see a woman carrying two swords at any time in Japan. The satus of samurai allowed the the right for example to commit sepukku, as I've seen in the book "Shogun", by James Clavell.
Noble woman could call themselves samurai, not in the way of being warriors, but that they would follow their masters will till the end, even if that meaned death.

Back on the topic, I tink that shouldn't be any difference bettwen genders abilities or capabilities, altough other fisical carateristics would have some effect on the people.

Member of the Kame Familiy

www.samurai-archives.com - Very detailed and in-depth page dedicated to the research of Japanese Samurai history, with details of the warriors, battles, and culture.

http://www.legendofthefiverings.com - japanese based fantasy rpg
Old 08-22-2005, 05:34 PM
2D

ninjaxmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grun
I wuld say you're taking it the wrong way. You don't base agility and such on gender. You base the body type on gender. And then you base agility and such on body type. If such an system will be implemented.

This means, a woman is more likely to be a body type which fits with (whatever), while a man is more likely to have a body type that is good for(whatever else).
that is what I was saying, I think...

If you base the body type on gender, then it would be like having all women dainty agile creatures and then the men would be large muscular hulks.

Where as in all reality, there are men who are equally as agile and dextrous as a woman. Likewise, there are also many women who are as strong as men if not stronger. Both genders could also be very round as well. So, in my oppinion sticking a body type to a certain gender will cause me to end up playing a female character, just because of their agile/dextrous bodies, this in-turn would make the game a little bit lesser, as it would be a) stereotyping body types of men and women b) limiting the character customizaton, and invidivuality so-to-speak, as the body type is available for one gender, I can only pick that character if I want that body type (reminds me of Knight Online, a poor quality MMO), this is usually the basic factor in my deciding if I'm going to have a girl or guy character. If multiple body types are made for each gender then myself, and possibly others, would be more likely to play as their own gender (not saying that it's wrong to play as the opposite gender, but, again, it's more realistic if you play as your own, and can make for awkward situations when people such as Glowsticknation go for some 'role-play' flirting ) .

ちぐるま とう :The Blood Wheel Clan Family!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 PM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

crossdressing lol thats what we need. Whats roleplaying without infiltrating someplace through crossdressing eh?

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it