Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Tatsumaki

Archived: Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Q]Shops

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeniuriSaito View Post
Idon't like the Idea of gaining money without your effort to sell it... just to get it... Like... It'd be real to hire someone to sell, even npc, but... that' be "easy" money, not really cool, but... many few would like the idea... But only being able to sell online, and hiring being pretty expensive... that'd own...
the amount of money sinks to own a store generaly outweigh the amount you're able to sell

just like in rl, the owner will rarely work if he can afford to hire someone
Don't think its easy money, because most of you won't be able to afford the good spots, and teh npc's to run the areas

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbon View Post
the amount of money sinks to own a store generaly outweigh the amount you're able to sell

just like in rl, the owner will rarely work if he can afford to hire someone
Don't think its easy money, because most of you won't be able to afford the good spots, and teh npc's to run the areas

Yep, I'm aware of that. And that's what I expect in the game. After all, as I said, the cool thing is to talk to people when you sell. Sometimes it's good for both the salesman and the customer. I just hope you got my Idea...

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 03-19-2007, 01:13 AM

Zafsk is on a distinguished road

Hrmm, when it comes to owning/renting/leasing shops or whatever, I think that you HAVE to buy a place SPECIFICALLY to sell and to do that you have to place it in a 'Commercial' zone of sorts. Of course this 'Commercial' zone would only have a limited number of slots, you could either have Vendors in this place or hire humans to do it for you which ever one the devs decided on. Oh and you could advertise your shop by posters or what not and place them on bulletin boards of sorts around the city.

Oh a interesting idea I had was to be able to make deals with smaller type sellers that dont have money for a shop or there is no more room and have like a open air market outside of your shop for a limited amount of time (say like 2 days in Real time). That would really take care of most of your problems beside the spatial spam of advertising your store which im sure is a simple fix like when citizens feel that you are spamming to much they can tag you and after enough tags (of course 1 per family per person because would be unfair to whoever gets tagged if a big family uses that as a weapon) it would send law enforcment after them.

Just my ideas.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan

We could just let the lords of the towns or provinces set up their own rules. This town could be a free-trade zone, where people can set up shop whenever, wherever. That town could be regulated with specific commercial zones and a sales tax or a merchant's fee. The Lords could also, if they wish, set up trade regulations, not allowing in merchants from rival families or banning the trade of particular goods to all outside their house, for example. This would make it more like real life and add an element of politics to the economy.

I like the idea of occasional open markets, gather, swapmeets, etc, especially if it is regular (once a RL week, like every saturday for example?) and takes place within an assigned zone of the city.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito

Indeed every lord set it would be the real deal, but it would surely do something like reduce the traffic in some cities, and all... like, it would be pretty unfair with some places... of course lords should have a control like "Close trademarkets" "Open..." or "close traffic" and all to the guards not allow shops or someone who lives out of the town... for especial occasions of a family... or whatever... It should would do some cool battles... but would be pretty unfair with a wanderer who's bleeding and only find that town and it's closed... Just an idea, after all...

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."