Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > Ikko Family

Ikko Family Ronin, selmo, Abc, HajimeSaito, Bento, Tomoshibi, Anarchy, Simplexus, donau, ComicP, masterofwind, Marika, Mugen, Aucillion, Camjpn, Mouko, wicked, sgsoloplayer

Old 09-16-2005, 07:44 PM
You'll die laughing

ComicP is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ComicP
Default Re: Field Ops Branch

cool. just wondered

3rd page!!!! WoooHooo
Old 09-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Blasphemer

Anarchy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc
Only if you want me to Anarchy. And as to your question. If the time comes when we do have to have seperate armies we will split them equally or as equally as we can. Anyway I'm sorry i can't say more at the moment. I have been very busy lately.

Shira
I don't think we should use the ranks you provided, as they weren't devised well until the late 19th century lol
Instead, i have found a very informative diagram that shows the command structure in most samurai armies in the book "Samurai:An Illustrated History" written by Mitsuo Kure.
Their command system was much simpler than today's, and there was no one who had second command...(the general had absolute, despotic power)
And member's of their army were judged more on their fame than rank

The structure was a relatively simple one, there weren't very many rank, but those who did have rank were most often very wealthy and noble.
I'll list the ranks from top to bottom:
The Sotaisho (the marshal/general)
The Gun bugyo (the army magistrate(the most powerful man in the army besides the general)
The Yari bugyo(the lance group magistrate(spearmen were always the backbone of samurai armies, so they had their own commander)

next are the Monogashira(the division commanders) there were usually upwards of 4 per army, they each commanded at least 2 Kumigashira(group commanders) who themselved commanded a company of balanced forces(a base force of spearmen, with archers and swordsmen to protect the flanks)
this is basically a samurai army in a nutshell, yes, there were very many other roles in an army, but these are the only commanding ones

you don't need to adopt this system... but i think it would be much more efficient if you did, as the system you are using is based around riflemen, who wont be in the game
Old 09-17-2005, 01:23 AM
General of the Ikko Army

Abc will become famous soon enough

I apprieciate your input. However, I have two points to make.

1. This is a mercenary army not a actual japanese army so I didn't think we would generally follow that system. We are seperate from the government therefore we do follow their rules. Also, I don't think there where nobles in such armies so most high ranks would be unattainable for a mercenary.

2. I chose this rank system for its simplicity. Its good and easy to follow with familiar terms so as not to confuse or bewilder the noobs in anyway. This is a army unit and I want to keep it as simple as possible so it has fewer problems into the future. I may create custom ranks and such later when the game actually launches or we catch popularity. But otherwise I'll just keep it as is.

Please go on if you have any other objections or questions, I am more than willing to change things if its reasonable.

Shira
________
Marijuana Strain Index

Last edited by Abc; 03-04-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Aucillion is on a distinguished road

I demand to join Field Ops, I demand a commision, I demand satisfaction!

Abc asked me to join so I'am
Old 09-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Unsound Methods

Bento is on a distinguished road

well im interested in joinin up with the field ops, if i can, when the games comin out...i hate the wait

understand?
Old 10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
General of the Ikko Army

Abc will become famous soon enough

Alright, I have another addition to the rank system. It is fairly simple but offers more for a newer member or warrior to shoot for. Since there most likely will be many ranks and members in the army I wanted to implement a system which recognized their individual achievements. The simplest way I've found to achieve this is by offering a sorta ranking of your rank system.

Here is a breaf explanation:

There are three levels; novice, skilled, and veteran. What I'll do is form a point system that will determine what level you are.

So, roughly speaking, if you aquired 1,000 points you'd become a "novice"
Once you've aquired 2,000 more you become a "skilled"
And once you've aquired another 3,000 you'd become a "veteran"

How you aquire points is still up to debate. I was thinking along the lines of 500 points for participating in a official Ikko family mission and 1,000 for participating in a battle or skirmish. Of course there would be little things for little points, such as building a HQ or doing something that really contributes to the group. Only founders of the family may give out points or increase standing in your rank.

Also, these are not just some arbitrary titles you are accumulating. You are litterally accumulating rank and respect within the family. For example, a veteran private would have much more freedom and authority in day to day life than a novice private.

And they are first in line for advancement in rank and may even "bump off" higher ranking members of the family. For instance, let's say there is a sargent in the family who doesn't do much work and thus have only a novice standing in his rank. However, there is a private who is in all our battles and involves himself with the family on a much deeper level. If the private keeps working hard, is already a veteran and achieves over 5,000 more points then he is the new sargent and the old sargent is demoted in rank.

The only exception to that rule is that recruits are promoted to privates right when they achieve 500 points.

As I said this is only a rough draft and schedule to change. If anyone has any ideas or opinions please post. Thank you and goodbye for now.

Shira
________
MAINE MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by Abc; 03-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 AM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

from my point of view (outside of the family), i think it might be too easy right now. If you happen to join right as a big battle starts, you could easily get to be a vetern because most likely there will be more then one battle that you will be envolved in. One idea may be to make it campaigns instead of battles?
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 11-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Officer of the Ikko

Mouko is on a distinguished road

I wanna join
Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Aucillion is on a distinguished road

I think the very best Samurai in the Clan should have a 5 button mouse. It is very convient to beable to bind the duck key and even the walk key to dodge a attack or slow down you movement in a swing. I also think when all is said and done we should have a VOIP program to communicate on in battle and when we are in battle I think we should do much if any small talk. It is fun to talk about non important stuff outside of battle but when the fighting starts people need to be quiet so the CO's can relay orders. For training I recommend starting newbs off learning useful combos the first of which should be easy but give newbs the hardest problems to get their fingures into doing combos. After that we will move into effective fighting combos and teaching the newbs how to pull them off in a fight. Each combo taught in the field ops branch should be done about 7 to 10 times in a row before graduating on to more advanced combos. What combos we will teach I dont know? but we should be aware that while swords are cool in real life fighting they were not used in formation battles much except maybe the No Dachi, so while everybody wants to learn Kenjutsu we should also be teaching some other weapons to be used in battle like Naganata, Daikyu and Yari and other weapons. So our recruits should have two weapons specialties (lets face it we all wanna be pimp with the sword and we shouldnt deny recruits this training) the sword and a battlefield weapon to be used when not dueling. Anyways just some food for thought.

Edit: Oh and... if I can get my friend playing who was in my clan on JKA he can teach us the Dodge Game I never graduated from the dodge game my self but its supposed to teach a person how to evade blows.also I realise everybody wants to be a Ninja and if we find the Dojo I hope the family will facilitate Ninjutsu training by those who want to learn but at the begining of the game this may not be feasible unless sykoi would be willing to make the 100$ preorder special content to be Ninjitsu (that may be unreasonable), that would rock.

Last edited by Aucillion; 11-22-2005 at 12:39 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:43 PM

HajimeSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HajimeSaito Send a message via MSN to HajimeSaito

I play JKA.