Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Polls and Surveys

Archived: Polls and Surveys Polls and surveys will be housed here; only developers are allowed to create new threads.

View Poll Results: Which death system?
Re-incarnation 53 25.00%
Perma-death 37 17.45%
Injury Induced Sleep 77 36.32%
Spirit 45 21.23%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default [Poll] Death

What death system would you like to see ingame?
(Death systems are from the Death article: http://www.tatsumaki-online.com/wiki/index.php/Death)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Shogun of all Japan

connick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Poll] Death

I'm thinking perhaps a mix between the Injury-induced Sleep and Spirit system. I think permadeath would mean permadeath for the game itself, so a slightly less realistic system in-game will likely be the most realistic in real life application. (See my post on Death. Then maybe make it so as a spirit you could attempt to guide someone to your body?)
Old 05-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Isuiln Fellblade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Isuiln Fellblade

I personally don't think Spirit is harsh enough... the only penalty is that you have to take a bit of time to get back to your body? And this also brings up the issue of griefing and corpse-camping. If you have to return to the same spot to come back to life, someone can just sit there and continue killing you over and over until you log off and wait for them to leave. This would also make battles last until one side gave up... a side's almost finished, when lo and behold, half of their army stands back up! Not very realistic....
Old 05-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Actually we will NOT allow that - the corpse may be transported back to a certain area, and you may have to stay out of your body for a certain amount of time.

Spirit may be a mixture between itself and injury induced sleep.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:26 PM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about

I would like to see Injury-Induced Sleep leading to Reincarnation.Allow people to attempt to keep their characters for a while.
If they die frequently (~3 times/week?), then their character has been injured too much and dies.
Possessions are inherited (or forfeit to the local government if no heir stated).
If an heir wants to give back their gain, that's their choice. No automatic reclaiming by the new character.

If Spirit is going to be used, I would want it to be restricted severly. Able to spend too much time invisibly would basically be giving people ultimate spy power.
Restrict spirits from entering certain areas might help. Or, not letting them move too far from their corpse?
For a little "fun" and adding the folklore aspect - what about having Spirit happen randomly? That way it wouldn't be mundane.
person 1: "Hey, I was a ghost!"
person 2: "You're crazy!"

Last edited by SunWuKong; 05-10-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:09 PM

Camjpn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Camjpn

I think injury induced sleep would be cool, cause if you just lost against a wolves you wouldnt just sprint off and say "o well" , and it would make everyone a little more careful knowing that if they lose they will have to stay of for a bit

Last edited by ashley; 05-10-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Tekashi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tekashi Send a message via MSN to Tekashi

I like the injury induced sleep idea myself...I dont like other because they are a bit harsh and this one seems to be perfect. Besides ide love to find someone wandering injured...then i could help them but if its someone i dont prefer, they feel my blade. But mybe you can corperate this with something else like if you are injured for to long make them re-incarnate or something.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:09 PM

nobody4422 is on a distinguished road

To be perfectly honest, I dont really like any of them alone. Perma-Death everytime you die is just plain too harsh and would really suck the fun out of the game. Reincarnation, would just be too much of a pain to remake your character everytime you die. And the other two mean there is essentially no penalty for dieing, and so kill any RP in combat.

What I would like to see is combining the possibility Perma-Death with KO (Injury Induced Sleep). Ive already posted the details on the [Q]Death thread so I wont post them again.

If I had to vote for one of them though, Injury Induced Sleep would be the one. One thing though, the time out needs to be between 10-30 minutes. I play again now where the death timeout is about 10 minutes and even though it sucks to wait, it really isnt that much of a deterrant. On the other hand 30 min would just be way too long to wait.

Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.

"It's a better life!"
Old 05-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Bakemono

ToshiMaru has a spectacular aura aboutToshiMaru has a spectacular aura about

Injury-Induced Sleep is a good idea, but if it means that a good samaritin would come by and help you, now thats just almost impossible.

What if nobody is nearby, and your waiting for hours and hours, or what about if the area you died in, is a secret location only you know of? What then? Even if Injury-Induced Sleep succeeds, i strongly suggest a review, and discussion of this idea.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Lodeclaw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lodeclaw

I would like to see injury-induced sleep with options. Either stay and wait for a rescuer, or return to a hospital or spawn point of some sort and receive a stonger penalty. Character strength and stamina, etc. could be permanently decreased after death due to injury, which would force the character to retrain in order to regain his or her lost strength.