Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn
Default Other - Community Concept Art Suggestions

This thread is designed to discuss Potential Community Designed Concept Art and related suggestions for T:LAW within the community.

Understand that submitting art to this thread does not mean it will appear as concept art in the game. This is a "Suggestions" thread, and should provide ample opportunity to toss ideas back and forth amongst one another.

Ready, set, go!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Wiki Editor

Akitora is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Community Concept Art Suggestions

It should be noted (hopefully without overstepping my bounds in saying so) that suggestions can come from either direction - members can suggest ideas to the EoE Team, and the Team can ask for help in sourcing concept art ideas. After all - in the immortal words of Zorbon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbon View Post
concept art improves my modeling abilities by 43%

In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness.
Shinmen Musashi No Kami Fujiwara No Geshin

Meitochi.com the best Tatsumaki: Land at War fansite out there! <- Click to learn more!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 AM

Suchiko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Suchiko

Sorry. I should have posted my art here first, but I didn't notice it till now lol.

Here they are.
Concepts

^_^

~*~すちこ~*~ Suchiko

Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 AM

Lonelyassassin5 is on a distinguished road

How should someone attempt to draw concept art about the game, without having some idea in the direction the games going, I can only do what I like to call character art, im not great but I do generally lean in that direction. However being as theres no renders of any characters from the game, or even armor/clothes or weapons I Cant get a great feel for how I should draw him/her. Alot of my art is anime style which isnt the direction of the game so I would need a picture to base my art off of other wise my natural anime style will take over. =)

ps. Sorry I know this isnt a concept art more of a question/problem. Hope you can help me by giving me a link of something thats close to our game or something.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

Well, the game is striving for art that is more on the Realistic end of the spectrum, so that should provide you with an idea of the style. It goes against your natural anime inclinations, but perhaps working from period artwork or old photographs would serve as a good starting point.

Simply Googling "Samurai" will get you some good returns.

This umbrella, cart, horse, sketch, and these two buildings - while not "characters", do backup the realistic style T:LAW is striving for and should provide you with ample atmosphere in which to place a character.

As further example, a Google Images search gave me some good comparison returns:
These two images are on the Anime end of the spectrum: Samurai 1, Samurai 2
Where as these two images are more on the Realistic end of the spectrum: Samurai 1, Samurai 2
The two "Realistic" images are quite different, with the second appearing more "cartoony". However when compared with the two first examples, it is deffinitely more realistic. (Found through Google Images, all rights go to the artists involved and are to my knowledge in no way affiliated with myself or EOE).

Now, enough about outside art. Let's get some community art going here! T:LAW Community Concepts FTW
Old 09-17-2008, 03:13 PM

Zhao Ren is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Zhao Ren

Damn, Im just after posting in the Official Art Thread 2, But i shall post this message here as i feel it may be more revelant in here.

'Hey, I can't draw for ****, or create anything on any photoshop like programmes, However I do have an idea for an image and I thought I would share it incase anyone was looking for a new project or anything. Anyway here it is:

Nightime.
A Katana standing Vertical on the right hand side of the picture.
On the lefthand side of the page is a Blossom Tree.
Fallen Blossoms are scattered all over the ground around the katana (Perhaps some are in mid air in the picture as they are just falling).
Its a clear sky, With stars and a full moon.
There is a hill/mountain in the background.
Perhaps there is blood on the blade of the Katana, and on the floor around the katana also.

That's about all i can think of.'
Old 07-08-2009, 07:32 PM

DERRAzor is on a distinguished road

Well I saw some screenshots with concept art but none with texture and graphics, if you know what I mean...
I really loved the idea of this game because I have been looking for an epic japanese-history game with samurais and so without monsters and crazy creatures like all the others have.
Anyway I would like to see some scenaries and screenshots from inside the houses and so.