Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > Ikko Family

Ikko Family Ronin, selmo, Abc, HajimeSaito, Bento, Tomoshibi, Anarchy, Simplexus, donau, ComicP, masterofwind, Marika, Mugen, Aucillion, Camjpn, Mouko, wicked, sgsoloplayer

Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road
Default Family hierarchy

This is a question/suggestion as to which organization(s) in the family are truly the ruling party. I would assume that since we are a military clan that the Overt-operations and Navy would be the ruling parties followed by Covert-operations(Yakuza) followed by agriculture and manufacturing(unless you want to make it even). Now I know that our diamyo is in charge but this is concerning the hierarchy of the vassals.

I will try to paint a picture for you.
The OO and Navy are equal in all respects but their units are treated as a half rank above the CO so their units are technically above a unit of the same progressive rank in that organization. say that a first rank person from OO is speaking to a first rank person from CO, the person from OO outranks the person from CO. However if the person from CO were second rank the person from CO would outrank the person from OO. CO outranks A&M by another half rank, thus a level 2 from A&M is equal to a level one in OO. I think I've explained it enough and can leave this for speculation and criticism. Please be honest, though not brutal.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:34 PM

Lord Shino of The Katana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Shino of The Katana
Default Re: Family hierarchy

This is a good idea. Not only is it realistic (Samurai and assassins in same rank=samurai is higher) but it does have a good system. I do second this although I do hope we can make the agriculture and manufacturing ranks a little higher because although they are low, thy can provide a key part in the families economy and status among others.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM

Ashikaga is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ashikaga

Firstly, spam!! ^^.

Secondly, I know that I am not part of the Ikko, but feudal japanese hierarchy had warrios at the top, then farmers, then artisans, then merchants, then those that deal in death (butchers, assassins)
koboruru ota ya,
take no tsuyu
Old 08-02-2009, 11:15 AM

HajimeSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HajimeSaito Send a message via MSN to HajimeSaito

Gheari, this may be historically accurate, however I do not see a need for it in the game. The reason that the leaders of each branch are leaders is because they were chosen to be. A low rank from the Field Ops branch should not have the jurisdiction to order around a low rank from the Yakuza branch. That being said, the leaders of each branch should have a sort of universal authority.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Ninjitsu Master

otomotopia is on a distinguished road

Hmm.

I personally think that when it comes to issues pertaining to a specific area (Like a land battle, combined seige, large scale production), The final say goes to officers of that specialty. A naval officer should not command a scheduled economic operation if there is a highly respected member from the economics department. However, if there's just an NCO, the officer would take the reigns. For a combined seige, command would not be given to a Yakuza officer. However, Yakuza and Naval officers could give suggestions on changing orders, but cannot straight out countermand them.

Any psudo-organized (Lower, "non-com" rank member saying: Hey! Lets do "X"!) events would be commanded by the organizer, with potential for NCO's to join, with only Officers to take command over the organizer, and at their discression (Most credit would be given to the original organizer, but of course any brilliant actions by the officer would be recognized).

20/09/2009 19:07 <Suchiko> Oto is our love child o.o