Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > Plan and recruit

Plan and recruit Plan your families here, until you can afford to make them (100 posts); You may also recruit new members here.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The ShiroTengu "白天狗" Family

Maybe a skeleton with a flower for a head? I know that's very abstract but there is symbolism in there, a sort of "from life comes death" message. But the skull in the corner is just sort of out there.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

@ Z , i tried your suggestion.... when i looked at it it said to me : " clown family" no offence but it was rediculous

@ Gheari i cant imagine what that would look like lol, no offense here either

IF u guys bothered to read the family description posts, you'd know that i am trying to start a mercinary assassins family, the first but rather unacceptable crest was like ARRRR lol, while i tried to symbolise the history of the family in the second crest, the flower came off a bit too tender for a family like ours, so i switched to something more preditorous, and thus the last crest, which BTW after studying traditional japanese mons, i decided it needed to be touched a bit to have a more authentic feel, so the crest is still under construction, and i am open for suggestions, but flowers are off the table lol

Last edited by NinjaKerocker; 01-13-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:42 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Try maybe a Kanji, if you google japanese crest or japanese mon or replace japanese with samurai you will find a lot of good ideas. Japanese mons incorperated many shapes, circles and yes flowers. ALso birds were very popular in mons. As you can see with the Yagyu clan mon they used two umbrella hats, the closer hat symbolized the main Yamato Yagyu famialy while the hat behind represented the Yagyus duel shadow side called the Ura Yagyu. There was another crest that the Ura Yagyu used with two birds facing each other again representing the two sides of the clan. Mons reflected a great deal about the clan which seems to be what you are trying to achieve. And thats good that you are putting alot of thought into it. Skulls and Tiger or panthers i have never seen used on an authentic mon. But maybe a circle with the triangles spreading out from it inside the larger circle. However you go good luck to u dude.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Ninja XL

Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

i see, nice nice lol, but i am sticking to the panther, it doesnt have to be 200% accurate!

oh and here is the new modified crest
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mon 3 mod g.gif
Views:	300
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	728  
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Ninja XL

ok so this is the final modification i think that i'll do on the family crest, i personally am happy wit the way it turned out, comments?!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mon 4 mod p.png
Views:	308
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	738  
Old 01-16-2009, 09:56 AM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road

looks much much better than the first 2 you posted

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

it is cool lookin i will give u that
Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Kado Tsuyosa is on a distinguished road

it does look quite good, and I'm sure it will be a crest feared by targets in later days to come.. well actually more in the past... but you know...
Old 01-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Ninja XL

ok so i did some modification on the crest again, i was looking at it, and even thought it looks cool, something was still missing...

it was too white lol, even for a family called white Tengu, so i made an adjustment

here it is,

oh and on a side note, we are not an "evil" family. we are hired killers, or hired whateverers! , but even though we do assassinations, we do not accept vandalism for the sake of vandalism, that's why i am going to update the post, so that vandalism is rejected by the family, and seen as an unessecary barberic act, even in the time of war, there shall be no unessecary vandalism.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mon 4 mod p.png
Views:	300
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	760  
Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 AM
Ninja XL

Default The Tengu shinobido of The ShiroTengu "白天狗" Family

Ok, so i decided to explain the non-combat aspects of the Tengu Shinobido, so that anyone what wants to join the family can understand the our family's shinobido better, and get well rounded of how an assassin, a ninja, a spy, or even just someone trying to lay low, should move and act like.

Seishin-teki kyōyō

one might wonder why does an assassin need spiritual refienment, well, the answer is simple, if one is spirit is at a higher level than the people around you, then one's skill and body also will be at a higher level than the people around you, thus making one better at one's job.

how to get one's spirit to a higher level is of very grave importance in the world of shinobi, one must meditate upon one's world, and realise the truths that lies within, death is one's final resting place, and so one will not fear death anymore, and thus will absorb the world's truth and raise one's spirit to the next level.

killing is the weapon of the strong, one must use wisely, because there are always someone that is higher in strength than one's own, and they will always use their weapons against one's self.

One does not live in the world of the forests, the strong do not feed on the weak, the weak are one's companions and if they help one the weak will help one's self aswell.

Hensōjutsu (disguise and impersonation)

one may never reveal one's true identity to a stranger, it is a grave danger to one's own life in the world of the shinobi.

one must know how to forget one's own identity and embrace that of other's so that one may move around more easily than one's true self.

one must know how to choose the clothings of those who one have chosen to be, one must know that one's clothes speak better that one's words, and if one wants to get to one's goal, they must choose the right clothes.

one must think of one's job before even starting the journey to one's destination, one must know beforehand what one's new identity will be, and where will one's new identity get one closer to his goal.

Shinobi-iri (stealth and entering methods)

one may not always get access to one's target directly, and so one must know how to enter buildings and facilities.

one must explore the surrounding before one make any plan to enter any building, one must look for an easy enterance and an easy exit as well, one must foresee what will happen after one's job is done, and where is the best exit, and also one must remember that if one can't exit then one will not enter.

one may use one's partner to provide exit or entrance, although one must explore all other options before one has to seek help from one's partner.

one must be like an angel of death never seen, and if, they are there to take a life, that must be how one may move.

Bajutsu (horsemanship)

one must know the art of horse, because this will be one's best means for travel and escape, one must be able to get a horse if one loses one's own horse, one must also choose the strongest fastest horse because after one has taken a life of a high ranked person, one will surely be chaced by many horesmen, so one must be faster than said horsemen.

Sui-ren (water training)

one must know the way of water, water is one's best friend, it will provide one with cover, and a place where one may hide, or set an ambush.

Bōryaku (tactic)

one must learn the art of "how, when and why", said art is the soul of the shinobi, one must know how to strike, when and why to strike said target, one must calculate the outcome of one's planned action, and where said action will lean one's position.

Chōhō (espionage)

one must know how to choose one's informant, or if one is a spy then one must know where to spy and who to talk to, one must know how to choose one's words, so that they will get one's needed infromation without bringing attention to one's real intentions.

Intonjutsu (escaping and concealment)

one must know how to escape, because one may not be able to finish one's mission, and one may have to run, or one may have to escape immediatly after one has reached own goal.

one must also know where to hide his weapons, one must plan where his weapons should be if one is not dressed to carry a weapons, so one may have to hid his weapons untill one needs said weapons.

Kayakujutsu (pyrotechnics and explosives)

one must know how to use the black powder in one's own benifit, one may have to use the black powder to creat distraction, or one may use it to set an ambush, or one may use it to destroy certain items, so one must know how to make the black powder and how to use it wisely, so it wont hurt one's self or partners.

in the end one must have a grasp upon all said arts to be a successful shinobi, one must remember that one's own life is more important than one's mission, and if one may die at a point in one's mission, one must abandon one's goal because one can not achive other goals if one is dead.