Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > D&D Forum Game

D&D Forum Game A forum for D&D campaigns.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin
Default OOC for Selmo's DND

Spoiler about OOC:
Yep, Half-Dragons are a +EL template, not to mention half-troll, and gnolls get a +LA as well. Not to mention the extra fiendish template (more +'s).

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Act 1- Selmo's DND

Spoiler:
I'm just assuming that if we mess up on a roll that Selmo will roll for us and edit our posts.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

Spoiler:
ooc: damn, well, at least the character will take a long time to gain a level. at least an EL 5, so that means everyone else will hit L6 by the time you get to Level 2. even with major RP bonuses (if selmo gives those) we will all be at least L4 before you get a level.
I was aiming for a el+1, but didn't since selmo said no adjusted level characters.

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME
Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

Spoiler:
ok selmo cant edit our rolls because the system doesnt allow edits on rolls. so really you cant mess up a roll cause its get all screwy. to roll it is like this (it has worked for me both times I did it) "(1d20+2)[10]" with no quotes and with the +2 being whatever bonus you want

EDIT: son of b. its "[roll]" 1d20+2 "[/roll]"
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM
The Savage Wolf

Spoiler:
yeah, still not working. [roll0]
another try.

-Warning-

Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Spoiler:
I always wanted to play as a Planetouched. And I would have if I'd known he would have let us... Spoiled Ronin. Also, the game seemed to be going really fast until I joined. Selmo must be asleep or at work or something.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

Spoiler about OOC:
I chuckle a little bit every time I read this OOC, and how long do you think it'll take you to get to level 2? It's a PbP, plan for the short term. Oh well, as for the dice roller its simple, you are just messing up the rolls with spaces or edits. To use the roller, you have to type in what moses did with no quotes or spaces like so (1d20+2)[20]. Course you can't see the insides of that roll, but I'm just showing that it does work

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Location: Where ever the path follows, wherever the wind carries me (my house).
Tomoshibi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi

Spoiler:
I understand your concern Svage, though I must disagree. Admittedly, my character can get out of most conflicts with sociable beings, but that's his personality. He's got an amazing personal charisma, further augmented by his natural arcane forces.

I don't just roll my skill checks, I actively roleplay them through conversation and description. Is his ability to bend other humanoids to his will a little strong? Yes. But that only helps in a narrow area of situations. With the amount of thought I put into each post, it pains me to think you believe I'm showboating or powergaming.

As an actual combatant, he deals 1d6 damage a turn. No modifiers. His skills in non-charismatic skills are nothing to write home about either. I play him as a man who prefers to solve his conflicts nonviolently, if possible. I guess I do find it a tad offensive to accuse me of "defeating the purpose of roleplaying". Sorry. I forgive you for the accusation though. I am simply taking the roll of a man who is in the process of perfecting the art of communications.

Some people might feel an orcish barbarian, what with a good +8 strength higher than your average character might be powergaming. That's easily enough to pop most skulls at level one, and some people could find that equally outrageous. I do not. I see you roleplaying a mercenary orc with a seemingly limited vocabulary in common, and doing it well. I only ask that you understand my character and give me the same courtesy.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 AM
The Savage Wolf

Spoiler:
sorry if I offended, but my characters stats are easily obtainable by a half orc, I merely chose the full orc for the roleplay aspect. it is just my opinion that any level 1 character should get no bonus above a +7, that being a 20 in the related stat and the feat of skill focus (giving an aditional +2). having a +14, you could talk hostile intelligent creatures to at least neutral with a 15 in your roll giving you a 29 total. about all you can't talk down is a creature with an effective intelligence of 6 or less, or something not in its own controll if it is smarter. If your bonus was in one or the other, I could understand, basically you focus on diplomatic solutions or intimidation, but both basically means you have the ability to out talk a 5th level diplomat at first level on any situation. It is just my opinion that an ability that gives such a bonus should be limited to one skill, not both sides of a skill, like a cleric is suppoed to be able to substitute cast heal or harm, depending on his alignment, but not both. same general concept. I hope you understand what I am saying, I am not trying to take away from your good roleplaying, but it is the general concept of the thing that bothers me. you are not showwboating, but most players I have lyaed with that find an ability like that that makes them eclipes everyone else in that field, even specialized characters that merely don't have that specific ability but are supposed to be the same kind of character, they flaunt it. it just bugs me. nothing personal against you. you play the caracter well, it is just the concept of any ability so overshadowing everything else.

-Warning-

(edited to fit for Yama)

Short stories by ME
Old 12-19-2008, 12:47 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Location: Where ever the path follows, wherever the wind carries me (my house).
Tomoshibi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi

Spoiler:
You don't have to worry about me making hostile creatures neutral. 3.5 basically prevents the use of diplomacy in battle (aka hostile creatures) by making it take 10 rounds of full actions, or a rushed attempt with a -10 penalty. Intimidation in battle is a good way to waste a full action to make a single enemy "shaken". You won't have to worry about me using such things in actual battle, it's almost pointless.

I don't quite understand what's bad about having two or three good skills, especially in a game that stresses problem solving through brute force. A person that attempts to solve problems through uses of charisma will soon be overshadowed by the more martial classes, I assure you. My charismatic abilities are no greater than a sorcerer, with the exception that I can use them more often. In return, I have a single action in battle that's barely noticeable and no versatility unlike most arcane classes.

Felt the comparison to the cleric was a little funky too. Though they can only substitute their spells for healing or harming, they're still capable of employing both, and being adept at both. Two sides of the same coin, and all that.