Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: Polls and Surveys

Archived: Polls and Surveys Polls and surveys will be housed here; only developers are allowed to create new threads.

View Poll Results: Wounds/Scars?
Yes 104 93.69%
No 7 6.31%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Lone Samurai

EliteSamurai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cuts and scars

As we were talking about in a different part of the site I wanted to get a vote on this. To have cuts (wounds) during battle and have scars if a MAJOR wound has come upon your charecter.

Thank You
Old 06-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Bullet Proof Monk

ShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cuts and scars

Though it's a realistic idea, I think it explains this best in the wiki. Each part of the body will be lighted by color. About scars, was thinking you could impliment that by having each in game 3 month time span, recustomize your character for scars or wounds, also could show age progression like that I think, maybe some greying hairs, or more beard. Wouldn't be that tough to do I don't think.
Old 06-04-2005, 01:43 PM
2D

ninjaxmaster is on a distinguished road

It would be nice to have this in the game, but i think it would be too much of a hassle for the dev team to implement a system that creates scratches and scars everytime we get cut up, i like the age progression every few in game months, but that isn't really necessary to have in the game either...
Old 06-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Aging: Too difficult and useless (Not to mention the people who will be playing from beta to (Fingers crossed) 5-6 years from now would end up looking like a leather bag)
Scars/visible wounds: Very much possible, and very easy to do (In theory)

Basically it'd be as simple as placing a scar in a random area, on the hitbox (Arm, leg, foot, etc. etc. etc.) with a severity factor.

If its a high enough severity, then it will leave a scar for x months (The variable would obviously be based on the severity).

So, like I said - in theory its easy, but there may be some problems actually implementing it... We'll work on it for a few days, and if we can't get it working - we'll either put it on the bottom of our 'list of things to do', or take it off completely (Depending on the difficulty).
Old 06-04-2005, 04:20 PM

Camjpn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Camjpn

I would say yes, but only if it was a major scar, and maybe if u didnt want them there could be some way to turn the option on or off
Old 06-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Bullet Proof Monk

ShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond repute

From a programming stand point, I think, it would be easier to impliment the scar feature as a retroactive thing. After a big battle or skirmish, or after X amount of game time, have the option to add scars or maybe take away older ones, I guess could lose eyes like that too. Maybe for every enemy soldier you kill you have the option to add 1 small scar, for every 5 maybe one large scar, you could tell the seasoned veterans from their battle scars that way, sorta like earning your stripes. It would be tough to impliment a feature that actually showed scars permanently on a character through combat, also there would be some warriors that would look silly with thousands of scars, if they were automatically added during/after battle.

To do the added scar interface, you go to a general or whatever Lord, etc, and he evaluates your progress, he sees you have X kills to your name, etc, etc. Then, like character creation you can customize your character's appearance, implimenting that within the context of a realistic game environment would be tough, but not impossible, as well the aging could take place there, programming the aging would be next to impossible, but I think bringing up the option in the interface of a secondary character creation wouldn't be bad, and could lend itself to good roleplay. If I see player X has changed since I last saw him, that would make for a backstory to why that appearance aspect has changed. I guess lastly, how many scars, outside of facial, head, neck, scars could have really been seen?

Last edited by ShininShado; 06-06-2005 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 AM

xi ryu is on a distinguished road

scars/visual wounds is a great idea, only...i dread the day that i get shot with an arrow that is on fire..BIG SCAR.

can you imagine, an entertainer who just got back from battle?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Man of a Thousand Sporks

TheSporkedOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheSporkedOne

not much else can be said that has already been said about the scar issue, but maybe the location of the scar(s) and shape should be left to random chance as no one has control over where they get cut or slashed or stabbed.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Ninjitsu Master

keldoran is on a distinguished road

obviously yes.
but remember that the injuries can unbalance the combat
Old 06-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Sakota_DeWolfe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Sakota_DeWolfe

I say yes to the scars because think of it this way. People who have been playing for a long time will have more scars then those who haven't been. I mean if you have a huge scar across your chest then yeah it looks cool but imagine a man whos been doing battle in the game for years he would have alot of scars and when some newb walks in from just buying the game and starts claming to be the best warrior around your going to look at him and know he's lieing i mean come on a man who is the best fighter in the game is bound to be weathered in looks and riddled with scars over his body. Even a blacksmith should gain scars from working with things like weapons and such. And if you start out as a warrior and as your char ages he becomes more brital. He then would more then likely take up something along the lines of a smithing job or be a Dojo master. Its just a thought but a Dojo master with alot of scars and aged look would be perfect for hardcore roleplayers.