Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Families > 台風眼 Family

台風眼 Family ShininShado, Yukie, Slots, MattyQ

Old 10-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Nobuwa-Ryuu

MattyQ will become famous soon enoughMattyQ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MattyQ Send a message via MSN to MattyQ Send a message via Yahoo to MattyQ
Default The Temple (RP thread)

A brisk breeze whisped it's way across the rocky crags. It danced along, tugging up dust to follow in it's path.

Kyoufuu chuffed softly and carefully set himself steady against the breeze. The young traveller who walked beside the horse patted it's neck affectionately. "Do not worry, my friend. We draw near, it is not much further now."

A soft groan was issued from an older man who was propped in the saddle. "Ah, you are awake..."

"Water..." Came a weak reply. The younger man obliged, passing a skin to the rider. The man took a quick swig, swallowed, then another. "Ahh... arigato..." He passed the skin back, and the young man slipped it back under his robes. "You saved my life... what is your name?"

The young man looked up, the deep pools that were his eyes twinkling brightly. "Ryuu." He bowed his head to the elder for a few moments, "Ah. No. Shokubai." He chuckled softly, "I apologize, I am getting used to the name still..." It had not been a week since the title had been bequeathed.

"Shokubai? That is a curious name." The older man released a wheezing laugh. "I am called Gen." Another bow from the young man. "Stop that. It is I who should be prostrating to you." Suddenly he winced, a hand resting on his side. A compress had been applied to a hole in the hempen shirt, where a dark patch of old blood had stained the area surrounding.

"Do not speak too much, friend. You were wounded when those bandits attacked you. I'm afraid they got away with most of your goods, but I managed to retrieve your gold pouch." He handed it up Gen. "I was journeying to a temple I had been told about when I came across you. They should be able to treat your wounds far better than I..."

And as he spoke, they came over a rise in the steep mountain path, and there in it's glory, the Taifuunome.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Bullet Proof Monk

ShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shinin meets Shokubai (Shokubai's arrival at Taifuunome)

It was a little past mid-day, and Shinin was in midst of his daily tai chi regiment. It felt as though the wind carried his movements, and his mind totally clear. With a motion midway through the routine, he hears a faint sound of voices carried on the wind. At first, he dismisses it as idle chit chat in the Temple, but after a few minutes he discerns it is no voice he's heard before. One of the voices is talking (in what Shinin thinks) in a dialect of Mandarin Chinese. Finishing his routine, and brushing off his robes, he looks around.

For the most part, the Temple consisted of just one huge courtyard surrounded by a wall. On this wall were intricate carvings of every sort imaginable. One section of the wall told the story of the Lotus Flower, and how one sprang every time the Buddha stepped anywhere - of course a reflection for his perfect karma, and how he left only beautiful good things in his wake. Another section told of Sidhartha Gautama's childhood in an opulent palace, then seeing the pain and suffering of the average man, forsaking his esteemed lifestyle in order to find the true meaning of life. Scriptures were written on some parts, and there were a few sections left blank. Shinin's favorite was the relief of Amittaba Buddha - the diety of the Pure Land. From within the walls, there were some doors, which lead to different sections of the monastery. These different areas were different training areas, there were over ten different areas. The main doorway of the Temple was relatively plain from the outside, but above the door was a wooden statue of Buddha, so that visitors would know what our purpose was.

Shinin walked outside of the Temple, and looked around for the voices. Through the mist of the mountain, he could make out two men, one walking, and one upon a steed. At first glance, they struck him as travelers or perhaps merchants. Always the hospitable host, he ran down the stairs with grace. Without even the faintest loss of breath, and after nearly 200 stairs, he meets the travelers at the bottom of the stairs.

"Greetings good sirs," Shinin states, "well met! Welcome to the Temple of Taifuunome!" Shinin bows, and looks at the men hoping to find a clue as to their arrival. Very few came to Taifuunome by accident, as it was only by knowledge that one could find it. Shinin's expression goes from quite smile to concern as he sees that the elder of the two men, the one hunched over upon the horse, is in need of some mending. The blood from his wound now soaking his tunic. The ocean breeze rustles Shinin's robes, the horse snorts loudly, and in the distance you can hear an osprey cry.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Nobuwa-Ryuu

Send a message via AIM to MattyQ Send a message via MSN to MattyQ Send a message via Yahoo to MattyQ
Default Re: The Temple (RP thread)

"She is a beauty," Gen leaned back his head and let out a laugh, which was in turn followed by a grimace. "We have temples back on the mainland too, but the design is different." He indicated with a gesture. The man was a trader from China, though he had chosen to travel through Japan rather then stick to the ports where many of those in his position preferred to stay. The man knew enough Japanese to communicate with Shokubai, but there were Mandarin colloquialisms and statements thrown in.

Shokubai nodded, though he didn't respond verbally as he led Kyoufuu along the path. His attention had been on the horse's hooves when the sound of movement caught his ears and the dark eyes flashed upwards.

As Shinin addressed them, Shokubai bowed himself low, pressing his hands together near his forehead as was proper in greeting a monk. Then he straightened, "My name is Shokubai. I have travelled from the lowlands for several days now, seeking your temple." He motioned to Gen, and proceeded to assist the elder off the horse as he spoke, "This is my companion, Gen. He was assailed by bandits and is in need of attention, as you can see..." He supported Gen with a shoulder.

"Do not worry about me!" The boistrous merchant still had a vigor about him, despite his wound. "I shall be fine! My family line stood with the greatest warriors in China, it would take more than this scratch to end my life."

Shokubai chuckled softly, "Perhaps we should find companion Gen a place to sit down, friend..." He spoke, his voice with a subtle quiet, to Shinin.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Bullet Proof Monk

ShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond repute

Shinin helped hold the horse's reigns, and kept a close eye on Gen, and stated; "Your steed should be fine here."

There was a pasture through the woods, and a small four or five horse stable. Walking back through the trail to the front of the Temple, to where the stairs where, he says: "Good to meet you Shokubai, and well met as well - Gen. I am Shinin Shado of the House of Taifuunome. Whatever services and housing we have here, you are welcome to, we just ask that you refrain from foul langauge, and be respectful of the other monks. If you have come to us for help, that we will!"

Shinin thought for a moment, and then stated; "We will need to get Gen to the top of these stairs. A small price to pay for the healing within those doors."

Shinin took a few more moments at the bottom of the stairs, then directed the question to Shokubai; "Sir, your bow, are you a follower of Buddha?" With that, he leant a shoulder for Gen to ascend up the stairs.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Nobuwa-Ryuu

(OOC: Apologies about the delay.)
Between both men, it wasn't hard to lift Gen up the stairs. As they moved, Shokubai reponded to Shinin's question, "I study many things, but yes... I suppose many would attribute me to Zen." He chuckled softly, "I find Buddhism fascinating..." He gives a light shrug on his free shoulder.

(I need to run - I shall finish this post later, or, if someone else goes first, will add on after theirs!)
Old 11-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Bullet Proof Monk

As the two men helped Gen up the flight of stairs, the wind blew gently from the coast. Nearing the top of the stairs, Shinin wonders of the men's intentions at Taifuunome, and more so about Shokubai's learning of Zen.

"This way." Shinin opens the door of the temple, still helping support the weight of Gen.