Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

View Poll Results: Whats your flavor for death?
Re-incarnation 5 38.46%
Perma-death 3 23.08%
Injury Induced Sleep 5 38.46%
Spirit 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Seven Star Style

Kamakiri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poll for Death again.

You loose your character who you put time and effort into.

I plan on having no more than 2 characters. I don't want to constantly re-go-through meeting everyone I already know 100 times because some people think its fun to gank, and have to constantly create a new character with a new persona some 100 times, just to go back into roleplaying with my friends and people I know like with my last character, only now my name is different.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:34 AM

Spike is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Poll for Death again.

What time and effort if its all skill based. All your time and effort isn't wasted at all. Maybe money and your equipment which doesn't matter nearly as much. Plus you probably could just keep your name but make a new character, don't see why not.
Though I doubt there is going to be a permadeath. I just hope its not some stupid ass respawn like WoW or any other mmo out there
Old 03-23-2006, 11:27 AM

Coyote is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poll for Death again.

I just couldn't quite dig Perma-death, and reincarnation seems just kinda... well... a cop out. I mean, it's to satisfy the Perma death fans, and the knock out fans. I just don't like the feeling that a character that I put alot of work into developing his(or her. Ya never know.) Rich and unique personality/background, just to have him taken out in the first 5 minutes of game time because the "hundred man killer" happened to be walking by, and shanked me. It's the same reason that I don't, ususally, kill off my PCs when I'm GMing an RPG. If it's easy to die, then people won't get attached to their characters, and that's what Tatsumaki is about, in-depth character realization. Making the people people, not just walking stat-sheets.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:53 PM

Spike is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Poll for Death again.

Like I said I believe for sure they are not doing perma death or reincarnation. And what time and work if all your character is, is your skills and equipment.
If it was too easy to die and there was perma-death then yes it would de-humanize it. But its not going to be like that.

So lets close this post since we pretty much solved it with sykoi's answers awhile back and some people just decided to revive this dead thread.