Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When will the beta begin?

Very true. Remember this is an indie project, there are no deadlines and everything is done on people's spare time. Indie games tend to take longer to make but also tend to have an overall higher quality.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:20 AM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito

Zorbon should've answered all questions, why not post that pic on the main site, that'd surely help. lol

and, Gheari is right. This will thake much longer, but if you care to read at least 10% of what's in the forums and all, you will see it's worth it, also, you can plainly see that the game goes for what "we" want, so there is no such thing as "the game is this, that's all." where the devs would only devote themselves to do that "game" and finish it that way. I mean, it's not a already 100% decided thing, but it's going for it, since we must help them with what we want and what'd be good. So stay in touch, and if you think something's missing, give a suggestion shout at the Tatsumaki forums.

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Artoriu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: When will the beta open?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilmoran View Post
Sykoi, i have been since the day i heard about this project interested, but as i do no know if i could help, or even if it's welcome, i have not chosen to pre-order. I have thought about it, but because i don't know what you need/want/wish for in a beta tester other than the obvious... i'm not sure whether i should or not.

I would like to help as much as i can, officially or unofficially as part of the dev/beta team however. So if that is all that is required, just let me know.
Kiloran, I'm pretty much in the same situation. Last year, I found out about Tatsumaki: Land at War, for the first time, and I have been interested in this ever since. However, even though there is a pre-order/Beta-test option, I'm not sure if I should join the Beta, because I probably couldn't help as much as other Beta Testers.

P.S. Is the "help" the developers speak of actually help on finding bugs, glitches, errors, and that sort of stuff?
Old 08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

What is a beta tester?

A beta tester is someone who tests a product before it is released. Product testers help companies identify weak points in their products which could cause consumer frustration, and they also identify specific issues which need to be corrected before a product can be released. Typically, beta testers test several incarnations of a product, until it is deemed ready for release. Most commonly, beta testers work with electronics and software.

Working as a beta tester may sound like fun, since beta testers get access to cutting edge products before they are released to the public, but it is also hard work. Beta testers must work with something for hours, repeatedly performing the same actions and doing things like actively trying to break it. The work can actually be quite monotonous and rather boring, because beta testers are expected to exceed normal usage when they work with products, to ensure that they will hold up under abuse.

Some beta testers work for companies which specialize in beta testing services. They may be sent products for home review, or they may work in a lab environment so that their work can be easily charted and monitored. Because beta testers work with products which have not been released yet, they usually have to sign confidentiality waivers to protect the company's product for competitors. Someone who works as a beta tester may not be able to tell people about the projects he or she is working on as a result.

In other cases, beta testers are employed by specific companies which like to test their products in-house. The same confidentiality restrictions typically apply.

Depending on the stage that the product development process is in, a beta tester may be given a product and told to perform specific tasks, or the beta tester might just explore the product, noting things down as he or she goes. Beta testers think about the features that they might want or need, and if the features are hard to access, not intuitive, or nonexistent, they typically make a note of it. They also take note of flaws in the product, like instabilities in software which cause it to hang, terminate itself, or behave in other unexpected ways.

It can be expensive to send products through beta testing, but some companies feel that the cost is worth it, since it ensures that consumers will not have problems. Since everyone uses things in slightly different ways, companies want to know about strange bugs in their software caused by abnormal usage before the product is released to save themselves from customer complaints and the necessity of creating patches. In the case of electronics, companies want durable products which will stand the test of hard use; beta testers will do things like smash all the buttons at once, toss the product around, and try to push the product beyond its expected capacity, imitating potential consumer activities.

definition brought to you by ME .

source: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-beta-tester.htm

now THAT's a beta tester, now a few more things, is that a beta tester should be able at least to the minimum to tell a glitch or an error either in the enviorment or in anything else the user has to deal with, now it is obvious that he must report such error to the devs, if the error includes a technical issue, it is well advised for the beta tester to send details of his hardware to the devs.

such details might include:
OS version
Graphic card name, company, and driver used
and of course other hardware specs.

now dont be starteled by all that, i am SURE that along with the beta test there will be a guide for those unfamiliar to the beta test enviornment.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 AM

Starbear is on a distinguished road

Honestly I'm less intersted in when beta begins and more interested in seeing some picks of the game and perhaps getting some progress reports, I'd like to know where the game stands as of now (the front page's news is a bit dated).
Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Full Time Tiger

Good viewpoint! I'm glad that you have enough sense to know that a release is not actually as good as progress.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:53 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

well i think in order to get get advanced progress reports and ingame photos (not that there are much) u have to pre-order
Old 11-23-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaKerocker View Post
well i think in order to get get advanced progress reports and ingame photos (not that there are much) u have to pre-order
Ahh I see, I was planing on preordering as time went by. I will admit the last time I preordered an indy game similar to this I got burned bad... some of you may remember an MMO called Dark and Light. Well I got so excited about the game I preordered it and spent a whole week trying to get in on its weak servers to try and play the game. DnL held my attention (and money) for a good half a year and after only a month of play I realised that the game was still in an alpha phase of gameplay.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to help and beta test but at the same time I could be content with text RPing with friends . Sadly I seem to be in an odd position, I want more info but to get that I need to preorder, but I don't want to preorder untill I get more info... oh how life can be so cruel haha. Perhaps I will preorder soon... if only for the info.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Full Time Tiger

There hasn't been much released lately, I think they're just going to have one big release.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:50 PM

Interesting... any ETA on that, I'd love to see what they've done so far (and judging by the dates on the front page I'm sure most of the longterm community is as well hehe).