Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > History and Culture

History and Culture Discuss Japanese history and culture here

Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Thorfinn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: History of the Ninja

Hello, I'm interested in story about guardian of princess Ota, Isa Miyoshi.
Can you please tell me about her or where I can find that?
Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 06:41 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Theres not really much info on Miyoshi Isa at least online. This site might have some info but i cant really vouch for it as i have only glanced at it.

http://www.ashidakim.com/history.html

The problem with alot of the actual heroes and famous people of the sengoku jidai era was that modern day media as polluted it with misinformation based instead on manga, anime, and video game information and ppl who dont bother to seek true history take it as fact rather then the fiction it is.

Id suggest your local library or if you can get access to a world wide library on the net. But if your doing it the free way then you will find few details. What i know of Miyoshi isa was shinobi of the sanada ten braves and served under sanada yukimura. Most likely they were Koga ninja and worked along side Sasuke Sarutobi who you may know as he is one of the most famous shinobi next to Hattori Hanzo and Fuma Kotaro. All 3 of them were bitter enemies of one another.

Ota was captured and brought to japan, later rescued she and Isa took the name Miyoshi she changed her name to Miyoshi Sakai and they joined the Sanada Ninja clan. The Sanada who were loyal to the Takeda btw were bitter enemies of the Tokugawa and during the siege of Osaka Castle the Sanada Braves attempted an assassination on Tokugawa Ieyasu who though was no longer shogun he still controlled the government and his son, he had his son Hidetada appointed as shogun to ensure a hereditary position as shogun for his followers.

Ota or Sakai as she was now known became a top rank kunoichi and had infiltrated the toyotomi's very inner chambers and was key in manipulating the young lord and his mother to challenge the tokugawa rule.

anyway check that site it should have enough info for any story basis u want. As far as kunoichi go she was definitively one of the best.

Other cool kunoichi were Tsukomo the daughter of Yamamoto Kansuke, Tsukibue or tsukebue cant remember the spelling, who was takeda shingens personal kunoichi, and of course my favorite kunoichi Yagyu Akane sister of Yagyu Jubei who worked as a Kunoichi for the Tokugawa Shogun. Despite misinformation from video games nene was not a kunoichi.

Anyway hope that helps.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Thorfinn is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much!
You told me some information I couldn't find. And I'm really glad you wrote this last sentence about misinformation from video games. It helped alot.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

glad to be of assistance and btw welcome to tatsumaki. Always happy to have new members, especailly ones with an appreciation of japanese history.