Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > Manga

Manga A Tatsumaki manga, created by Yagyu

Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tatsumaki Manga

The enviro looked very nice, but the characters were a bit iffy.

Still I can't understand how you manage to have the energy and determination to do this, I really respect that ^^

After seeing how you keep going I think it's pointless to say "keep it up" so I'll just wish you the best of luck, you should definitely look into techniques and traditional art a bit because you have the potential for a career in arts since like Newton said "Genius is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent inspiration.".
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Cuz im not inking them traditionally or by pc. Its just pencil and chalk sketches set to a digitally painted backing.

I like to experiment with my art as well as my music lol.

I actually enjoy the writing more then the drawing though, weird huh?

But thanx for the kind words letum, your art is always welcome as well so anytime u feel like doing a few panels just lemme know and ill send u the panel description needed to be done.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:12 PM

K here is the next panel, the story continues. Shogun Ashikaga, while traveling back to Kyoto with his guardian and friend, Morita Joun struggles with his duty as the shogun, and his dreams of becoming the greatest swordsman in the land.

Will he return safely to the capitol? Will he give up his post and disappoint his ancestors to pursue his dream?

More to come in the next installment...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	325
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	2687  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 AM

And here we are, already lol. Sorry i had the urge to draw and just had this funny image of joun draining his lizard while the shogun talked. I figured without showing anything except the stream lol, (hey if calvin comics can do it so can i) that it would kinda show Joun's personality. Hes direct, hes a ninja, he doesnt much care, even though he serves the shogun, the shogun can be himself around joun and joun can be himself around the shogun.

Also hopefully no one will realize somehow Yoshitsune and Joun switched hats magically lol.

So now for Nk's favorite part the old 1950s serial narrative.

Will Joun wash his hands? Will Yoshiteru also relieve himself? Will anything exciting happen soon?

More to come
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.2.PNG
Views:	298
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	2696  
Old 07-24-2010, 02:32 PM

Here the next one, for some reason it didnt copy well. Looks way better in the sketch book.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.3.png
Views:	320
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	2837  
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 PM

feel free to talk about the new yagu chronicles manga web comic here. So what do you guys think?
Old 10-09-2010, 12:33 AM

HUGE NEWS!

Letum to take over art for Munisai.

Thats right! Super artist Letum shall now be drawing the Art for Munsai since I have been devoting my art skills to the yagyu Chronicles Manga comic, and the samurai card game I am still working on.

For anyone who doesnt know (and thats doubtful) Letum is an amazing artist who regularly posts on the official art thread here on the forums. He is no stranger to Munisai, and has already previously worked on a few panels, specifically the conversation between Oda Nobunaga and Akechi Mitsuhide.

Letum has the ability to draw in many different styles, and is a master of black and white art as we have seen. He is also amazing at color art, but whether he wishes to color them is up to him. We have been pretty much sticking to black and white though traditional manga does tend to make the first page or two of each chapter color.

Now whatever Letum chooses to do with the art is up to him, and I for one am bursting with anticipation to see what he has in store for us. In the meantime I will be writing better scripts for Munisai now that I can devote more time to it, as well as working more on the Yagyu chronicles, which is just art for me really since its based off of the Yagyu role playing game.

so lets all let Letum know how excited we are to see his work. today is a great day for the Tatsumaki Manga threads.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about

Oh, God. My eyes!!

But, yes. Awesome news.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road

Ohh man I didn't know you had posted somt like that, I'm gonna be in rush now >.>

I've been trying to get a good fixed style and I think I've gotten good one so now it's chracter designs and so on, I'm taking a systematical approach to this so it takes time but the result should be twice as good.

Thanks for the patience and not calling me a tard for taking so long!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Take your time man, with low activity on the site there is no rush. You got the script so like i said take your time, the art is your baby. Any ideas or suggestions u have just pm me. When you get to like the last few panels lemme know and I will send get you the next script. I have been o0n a break from yagyu chron as well. Gonna start it back up soon, Just needed a few weeks of no deadlines lol.