Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > User Interaction > Private Forums > When I Become Emperor of the World

When I Become Emperor of the World A place for me to gather my thoughts and feelings, and to share them with others.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Tatsumaki Video Producer

Masamune is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Masamune Send a message via MSN to Masamune
Default Taming of the Feminists

In class today we were discussing "Women in Search for Self" in Western and Japanese societies throughout the years, a not so interesting subject when I look at it in retrospect.

Here's my beef with what was being covered, I'm all for equality of the sexes, but I'm also a realist and I understand that there are DISTINCT differences between men and women and that there will NEVER be absolute equality of men and women, yet I am made to feel that I, personally being a man, have been oppressing women by the comments that are made in class. But, one gender will always be the dominant, depending on the society. History has taken the path of patriarchal societies, but this is not to say there are no matriarchal societies or even the potential for any of them. Who knows, maybe in an alternate universe most societies are matriarchal? But, I am sick and tired of women saying how us, men, are oppressing them. Have I oppressed you? If so, how?

If you want to blame someone for oppression then I would blame evolution. Males tend to be more aggressive and stronger, which makes them excellent hunters. Women have more dexterity and stronger lower body which makes them excellent gatherers. We are all built differently for different purposes. Men can do some things better than women and women can do some things better than men... GET OVER IT! I'll use the example seen in many MMOs.

Warrior = TANK
Priest = HEALER

You can't expect a Priest to tank and a Warrior to heal, IT JUST DOESN'T WORK... so how can things that are different be the same?

Then of course there's the classic argument (this is an example), "Well why should I have to shave my armpits like what is expected of a woman? It is men's fault why we have to look a certain way and act a certain way."

Okay, first off... why are you even shaving your armpits, or putting on make-up, or making yourself look attractive in the first place? I already said it... so you look attractive. It can't be helped that men prefer women to look a certain way, they're not forcing you to do that, it is a conscious decision made so you can attract men. It's like fishing... Just using a hook will get you some fish, but it works much better if the hook is baited. You don't see me complaining that the fish are oppressing me because I have to bait the hook if I want to catch them. And, it's not like women don't objectify men either, sure, not on the same scale because we, as men, first take interest in a woman if she is attractive, then other factors reel us in. Don't lie guys, you know it's true. With women it's different what they first take interest in. Of course, these are just generalizations but you get the picture. (Did I just compare sexual attraction to fishing? wow)

I'm sorry, but I really can't stand it anymore to be made to feel bad because of something I didn't do, just like my last entry about the toilet. Don't complain about something like that without being able to qualify as to why you're complaining. I haven't oppressed anyone, I believe there should be equality among races and genders, but the fact of the matter is we're all different and limited in our abilities and simply by placing the blame on someone else does not solve anything. If women TRULY want to be equal, then shouldn't they be expected to get drafted into the army?

Should I blame the rest of the world because they're oppressing me and standing in my way of becoming Emperor of the World? No. Quit lying to yourselves and get out and solve the problem rather than placing the blame on men's oppression.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Delerium is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Taming of the Feminists

I agree. But it goes the same for other things. Homosexuals want to be treated as equal but want their own groups to separate themselves from heterosexuals. Races in America are the same way. On 9/11 we were all americans and every other day you are something plus american, or white haha. Disabled people want no pitty or sympathy until they get to the parking lot and expect there to be an open disabled person's parking spot. Filling out scholarships are the same way. Check if you are this or one-quarter that or white/other. Some people have a valid right to these claims, yet I feel as long as our countries have borders and our bathrooms have signs on them, we will all be herded into one group or another. Back to your statement about oppression, most people have been oppressed. black, white, asian, mexican, and everyone in between has at least some point in history been treated unfairly. Everyone who cares wants an apology. I am still waiting for mine from the English in the matter of Ireland. I is not going to happen. Women in general are physically weaker than males. It is not sexism. It is physical fact.

I don't feel bad that I am a guy and I offer no apology to any race or sex. You are what you are so learn to accept that. I treat everyone the same unless they are my girlfriend. Everyone wants to belong to a group that is exclusive. Black people were made to suffer for being black. Some white people wish they were black. And guys and girls have operations every day. This is a very complex problem and there is no one sentence solution. My university is very liberal. I can see how in order for people to be treated fairly there must be an over-reaction to the problem then time balances it. You could discuss this for ages and it all comes down to what everyone thinks in their own mind of what you are capable of proving to society.

Dr. King said that quote about judging people by the content of their character, I think he was right on a such larger scale than white/black. The bottom point is guys do not have vaginas and there is a reason behind that. Men and women will never be equal. And as for the army comment, i was in the military and women can not ever be considered equal to men. I covered too many of their duties while they were pregnant. Grats to them but it screws an entire unit over.

鋭い刀、厚い鎧、強い心、、、、それが俺の生き方
A sharp katana, thick armor, a strong heart......that's how I roll.