Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana > Serious Discussion

Serious Discussion Drivel getting you down? Want a place to discuss serious topics such as life and death? This is the place!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:01 PM

Violetta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Intelligent Design

Hello, just seeing what everyone's thoughts are on intelligent design. Intelligent design is the idea that life and the universe were created by a highly sophisticated entity known as the intelligent designer, or intelligent agent. This intelligent designer then created the universe to it's own specifications and created life in it. It's a non-religious view on creationism and the origins of man, as opposed to evolution and natural selection. What are your thoughts on intelligent design?

More Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design
Old 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM

Philosophus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philosophus Send a message via Skype™ to Philosophus
Default Re: Intelligent Design

I put it simple its a plausible theory, until we actually can travel to the center of the milky way or view it clearly our technology and mindsets are way to feeble to comprehend even the possibility of such a thing as intelligent design.
Imagine a alien race which can bend atoms and the building blocks of life itself to its will, would you call them our fathers if they said they were, or even call them Gods cause their philosophical viewpoint and technology was far superior to ours?

Intelligent design imo is just the new pop religion, until we fully comprehend the meaning of intelligent design it will evolve into a new age religion and replace the others eventually.

Cause if there is something man has shown to be true is, we cant for the love of all that is holy keep a sensible discussion and be respectful and true to each other in political agendas.

Shinobi or Samurai, that is the question?,
Good or evil that's in the eye of the beholder
Which fate brings me to conclusions?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

Eh not another religious discussion lol, cause this is where this is going to head, well if there was anyone active, anyways my two pennies are

do not view if you're going to be judgmental lol

Spoiler:
myself being a muslim and a firm believer in creationism, i think the intelligent design theory is just the atheists way of saying, yes there is a god, but we wont admit it because then life won't make any sense, but more sugar coated if you know what i mean, i personally was fascinated with the evolution theory in my teenage years, but after adulthood and clearly examining the things i have learned over the years, in my personal opinion life could not have spurred on its own.

the simplest example would be the fact that sickle cell anemia is caused due to change in only 1 amino acid in the sequence of the hemoglobin protein, now i don't want to get into the mazes of how dna translation happens until it gets to a protein, but the system is so unbelievably sophisticated that no matter how tiny a chance it was that might have spurred life, it did not happen on its own.

putting all that aside, i like to argue the fact that everything in the universe is made of energy, yes even matter is condensed energy, the big question remains, where did the original energy come from? this is the one true question i found that is by far the most convincing that indeed life was created by a God, a being that transcends human comprehension into the realm of unfathomable powers that leave humans at awe, think about that question, that's what i think of the "intelligent design
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 AM

Le Samourai is on a distinguished road

As I am a Christian, I feel compelled to say that yes, God has had a hand in the creation of the universe. From a religious standpoint, I have decided that while evolutionary science is not entirely incompatible, I believe in the concept of a creator first and foremost, and as such, I place my faith above whatever science may proclaim. New discoveries are made just about every day, and science as a whole is subject to even the slightest bit of change. Based on my experiences, I am deeply rooted enough in my Christian faith that I am ready to make such a statement. I am convinced of its associated truths, but science is compatible as well.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I really like feeling optimistic and thinking that god exists and created the universe. However, sometimes my mental diseases (why do they have to be called that?) take over and I have moments of "clarity" where I view the world in a purely logical sense. I really hate those moments (especially the ones when I think about the chaos theory or any form of metatheory)... They're depressing.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:22 PM

Gespenst is on a distinguished road

their probably is (or maby even was) a creator but to be frank theirs a high possibility we have many misunderstandings about it. and that what we picture as creator is not the case just somthing we came up with over time but sadly we have no real proof...so i just say hey if you truely believe in it and it makes you happy go right ahead
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

man this is a tinderbox thread i shall stay safely away lol
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM

Lord Ryu of Ninatsuki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Ryu of Ninatsuki

I'm going to think of this in a logical manner. If there was any proof of intelligent deity or anything of the sort, we would have seen it by now, surely. People like to point out things like the green grass and human beings, which makes no sense. They never even talk about the bad side of things because they don't want to make their god or goddess mad.

In sort, I do believe in a higher being, which are divided into male and female, the God and the Goddess.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:29 PM
The Guy

DeXtrose is on a distinguished road

I am going to state that this is the sort of topic that should not even be started on Eyes Out Entertainment forums. I am sure with limited thought you can figure out why.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Lord Ryu of Ninatsuki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Ryu of Ninatsuki

There are many sites, including this one, that it shouldn't be started on.