Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 AM

Ryōshi is on a distinguished road
Default [S] Tatsumaki: Land at War Census

I've looked around the forums a bit and couldn't find anything of this sort (the closest would be the character database I suppose), but I'd like to suggest a character census for Tatsumaki.

More specifically a "planned profession" census, so that we may have a better idea of the direction the table is(will be) tipping. I realize professions are not fix and one may change it at any given time, but a general idea of "how many" and of "what type" we have would be great. Gender, age and etc, could also be included of course, though they aren't as game changing as professions.

I say this because It'd be quite useful to know, mainly (for me), the rate of civilian to military based characters. One of the last things I'd like to see in T:LaW, is a server where 99% of the characters are armor-clad samurai, back-stabbing bandits, hide-in-plain-sight assassins and the rest 1% are all the farmers/fishermen/hunters/blacksmiths.

With a census I hope that some players, either new or old, will dare to be different and try to balance out which ever side is over-shadowing the other. For instance, too many soldiers and hardly any farmers or fisherman, generating a lack of food and unbalancing the market. (Unless this would be corrected by NPCs or administration intervention).

Anyway, this was just an idea, I haven't slept yet, so, if there are any inconsistencies or something hard to understand (English is not my mother tongue, so, some errors are to be expected), I'll correct it/them as fast as possible.

(Also, I'm not sure if this should go into the "Wishlist" or not, seems like no, as it's forum-related not in-game or anything, but then again I could be wrong).
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Governess of kumamoto

yuir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [S] Tatsumaki: Land at War Census

Wow finally a new post that not about, how tatsumaki is dead and we want updates now now now or we will scream, so yeah thanks for this Ryōshi, and welcome out of the shadows to the forum now on to the census,

I was going to start out as a farmer to begin with, but move on to owning land and rent out the farm plot to others for a % of the crops, which I would trade on to the traders at a whole sales price as to get regular traders coming to me, so they in turn could sell it in their OWN towns market’s for a profit. That’s was the plan but I have been charged with other tasks now from my Lord

隈元 由利 Kumamoto Yuir Kumamoto clan now recruiting
Old 05-19-2011, 11:45 PM

Haha, thanks for the welcoming.

I myself am planning to join a small seaside village, being the typical fisherman, having a small house by the beach and a boat, living off of the ocean and trading my catches. =D
Old 05-20-2011, 09:58 AM

Taro is on a distinguished road

I think I want to live in a small village as a carpenter/construction builder, but still have some skill in fighting. This way I can build up a village and defend it if need be.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:31 PM

Good, at least we now know there will be at least a few peasants, my fear of a bigazillion samurai running around and yelling "Bushido!!! give rice or I kill you peasant!!" was probably unfounded. XD
@Taro, yeah, although a fisherman I guess I would probably learn "self-taught super crappy" hand-to-hand combat, or maybe even with a bo staff or a yari, to at least fend off animals, at least. =)

So, I didn't know where to put this, cause it isn't official art, it's just a drawing I made of a peasant, sitting somewhere, like a dock and holding a straw hat.
Spoiler:

I also made a signature for the "peasant's union".
Spoiler:
Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

Glad to see there is new blood in the forums, i've been lurking for quite a while, busy with school, still am, but i have a few minutes of free time so i thought i'd chip in my two pennies.

I agree with ryoushi there will be a gazillion "badass samurai/ninja/bandit" at first, but eventually they will have to do something in order to sustain themselves, if the system is going to be anything i imagine it will be, anyways, personally, i won't be a peasant, i wanna be a blacksmith, and i encouraged everyone in my family (however small it is atm) to get a second job other than being an assassin because let's be honest, the assassination business won't be necessary for a while in the game..
Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 PM

Taro is on a distinguished road

Those look nice. I like the Peasant's Union sig. lol If you make more you can put it in Creativity Corner or even make a Manga out of them.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Governess of kumamoto

yuir is on a distinguished road

nice drawing Ryoshi, and the peasant's sig is cool too thanks for them

隈元 由利 Kumamoto Yuir Kumamoto clan now recruiting
Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road

Lookin good Roshi.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
The Savage Wolf

Svage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Svage Send a message via Yahoo to Svage

I was looking at being an armor/sword smith. but I would probably have to start somewhere else and build everything from scratch. I have an OCD thing about making everythig I use myself in games. and being a crafting addict, it works out kinda. just takes FOREVER to get anywhere. lol

-Warning-
I am out of prozac and patience, and I have a .357

(translated to fit in with T:LAW)
Be wary, I am lacking both in mood and patience, and my blade is both fast and sharp.

(edited to fit for Yama)
Your getting on my nerves, leave before I injure your inner child with my fist.

Short stories by ME