Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > D&D Forum Game

D&D Forum Game A forum for D&D campaigns.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Compiling Compiling

Zorbon is on a distinguished road
Default Ch1: A Long Road to Bleecker Street

Ch I: A Long Road to Bleecker Street.

The faceless turns to the door. He opens it and motions for the rest of you to come in. The lanterns on the walls flicker from the wind coming through an open window. The constant patter of the rain hitting the tin roof echoes throughout the room. The faceless walks toward the window and shuts it. The last to enter shuts the door.

The room is empty of furniture, the wooden floors creek as you walk in. The faceless turns to you and beings to speak.

“I see that you all made it, good. You have been selected for a one star mission, your first mission. It is not important to the confederation, thus why you have been chosen for it. Think of it as your... initiation. If you do well we might have use for you.”

“My time is short so lets begin the briefing. Our client is the West Port trade company 'Ichen Niel Trading Origination', or INTO for short. They've paid our posting fee, plus 5000 Sombis (Sambian PP's) to investigate the loss 3 ships in between the Hasson Sea and the Gulf of Burus. The West Port naval branch has came up empty handed, and it is believed to be an interstate or international issue. You are to investigate the cause and report it to #37, who has dominion over IAA affairs in the area. He will give you further orders depending on the information you provide.”

“Is there any questions?”

Spoiler:
And thus the game begins, you'd probably wanna ask some questions. Remember to use spoiler tags for occ and questions to me.

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.

Last edited by Zorbon; 07-25-2008 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 PM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses
Default Re: Ch1: A Long Road to Bleecker Street

I glance around and seeing no one else raising any questions.

So... the briefing on this mission is pretty vague. Are we just to run in their and ask everyone what they know about it? There aren't any leads, rumors or suggestions the company can give us?

And what kind of payment shall we be receiving out of this? Work for free isn't my sort of thing...
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Compiling Compiling

The deep voice of the faceless is barely audible through the raging storm outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Nilchi: So... the briefing on this mission is pretty vague. Are we just to run in their and ask everyone what they know about it? There aren't any leads, rumors or suggestions the company can give us?

Faceless: A smart ass huh? I would try the company headquarters first. It is on Bleecker Street in West Port City. From there, well that's your job. I do however suggest you all work together. It could very well be a rough road ahead.

Nilchi: And what kind of payment shall we be receiving out of this? Work for free isn't my sort of thing...

Faceless:
50 sambi each, and since your bound to our oath by taking the tube, I wouldn't complain about pay. We wouldn't want to have to hurt you...

Are there any more questions?

Views expressed by Zorbon are not necessarily reflections of EoE or its partners.

Last edited by Zorbon; 07-25-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I shift my gaze down, nervous.

We... Well, we don't have to go out on the water do we?
Old 07-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Compiling Compiling

You can not tell what kind of facial expression the faceless has after peragar's comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheari;
Peragar: We... Well, we don't have to go out on the water do we?

Faceless: ...
Spoiler:
Please if you speak to one another, either tell us so by action, or refer to them in your dialog... i put that out there incase anyone wants to deal with peragar's fear of water (sorry if the faceless seems rude, i'm just RPing)

Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

I look at Peragar, making a mental note of this obvious fear before turning my attentions back to the group, and faceless.

This all seems simple enough. Find facts, get paid.

I turn to Peragar, in a matter-of-fact way.

The stretch between the Hasson Sea and the Gulf of Burus is peppered with islands. If it is open water you fear, island hopping doesn't really measure up. You have the look of an educated man as well. I am sure you can find some way to come to terms with it.

Scanning the room of faces one last time, I make the motion to step away.

Now if there isn't anything else, I have a thirst, and that bar back through the door seems prime for slating it. If you'll excuse me.

With a slight bow of the head, I make my motion to head to the bar. Slowly, lest any other issues about our mission be raised...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

I ponder Vahn's words for a moment

I suppose that I could try. It might be better if I knew where we are to leave from.

I twiddle my thumbs

I can't stand Farnore. Too much stone. Excuse me I need to check my equipment.

I turn and walk from the room, setting my pack on a table and fiddling with its contents.

Spoiler:
I'm not sure if I went out of turn, if so I'm sorry but I've never played D&D before.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Compiling Compiling

Spoiler:
well d&d is played in real time, not turned based like this...

But don't worry you did fine. General rules like I said in the player guide, you have to wait for another PC to post before you can post again. So if you post, then vahn posts, you can post again. Major actions(such as leaving the room) are taken after the end of dialog turn (when everyone speaks) so your not out of the room yet until yuir makes her turn. She forfeits her turn after 1 full day from my original post(a new turn of dialog will begin when she post) understand?

Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 PM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

I glance down at the rags I call cloths, and the empty purse on my belt.

Umm... Is there a chance I can get part of my payment now? It seems I have no coins left...

I tilt my bag upside down and watch as a moth flys out of it.

Well that... was a consequence.

Or you know, can you indebt me some? I can pay whatever you need out of the earnings of our little incursion.

I hopefully glance at all the surrounding faces... and faceless, praying someone may have something.
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Last edited by moses; 07-25-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn

I pause after the slight bow, a bit annoyed at this delay keeping me from the bar's call, and turn to Nilchi.

Eh? Ok little man, rule number one. Never ask for payment from an employer in advance unless the job offers up a risk worthy of a down payment. It makes you - and therefor right now, me - look bad.

Secondly, I would be happy to place you in my debt. Let me know when you need a little coin.

With that, I turn and begin my walk to the door.