Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana

The Katana A place to sit and chat about anything excluding Tatsumaki: Land at War.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:05 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pandtastic

Pandtastic is a thread dedicated to random topics that, once sparked, are carried on until another topic is brought up.

To join in, simply view the latest post in this thread and reply back to it - just make sure to follow the forum rules.

To spark a new discussion - just reply to this post with a topic you think is interesting.

Don't bother reading through the entire thread, just go to the last page and say something.

Please keep this thread clean from any spam, flames and vulgarity - its meant to spark fun discussions, not heated debates
(Pointless topics welcome! )

Last edited by Sykoi; 05-06-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

ashley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashley

So today. My mother takes me to see a movie. Actually. Its a documentary. About brothels.
No, really. Its actually about children growing up in brothels. In india. Good show, mind you, I feel kind of weird going to see a documentary in a theatre. Thats what discovery civilizations is for. And, well, the documentary channel.
I need to stop being so interested in whores. My mother also needs to stop being so creepy.
Some of you know what I'm talking about, some of you may not.
(because you're obviously not spending enough time in irc.)
Now reply to this.

[wearejinxed.org]
IRC: irc.quakenet.org / #tatsumaki

[16:13] <Greven> I bet you're some kind of witch
Old 04-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pandtastic

Documentaries are always fun, and I think they're starting to take hold on America - what with Super Size Me, the Michael Moore films, etc. - topping off at some box offices.

(Super Size Me was a great movie, but Michael Moore tends to complain and 'credit' weird sources a bit too much)
Old 04-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

ashley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashley

I've actually only seen one Micheal Moore documentary. I can't say I'm very fond of him. I'm kind of bothered that the schools have us watch the Super Size Me one. I mean, we haven't yet, but we will.

One I try to shove down everyone's throats - although I really shouldn't - is on Stupidity. Its good, but its kind of weird that its on twice a month on the documentary channel. Its definitly designed for those who want to say "I'm intelligent, I'm watching a documentary."
It smacks of Micheal Moore.
EXPLODE.

[wearejinxed.org]
IRC: irc.quakenet.org / #tatsumaki

[16:13] <Greven> I bet you're some kind of witch
Old 04-18-2005, 05:06 AM
The Malevolent Samurai

Redb@ck can only hope to improve

Michael Moore is a man who will do anything for money. If anyone of you have read "MICHEAL MOORE IS A STUPID BIG FAT MAN" you will understand. It a book which looks at the facts he isnt really the peoples man he comes across as with worn out T-Shirts etc. He is actually a really wealthing manhatten man who didnt grown up in Flint, Michigen as he says, but actually a wealthy part of Michigen. The book also talks about how he manipulates the footage and sound to change what people actually say and use comments from other speech and apply to one he is interested in.

Everyone go out and see the "Motorcycle Dairies" (in spanish) or "Les Choristes" (In French) if you want to see an awesome movie which isnt some mass produced rubbish out of hollywood, which all have budgets of $300 million and directors only interested in money. Beebe out.

One great documentary i saw bout a year back is called "Touching the Void" about two climbers expriences on a icy mountain, very well reinacted, great stuff. Beebe out.

mod edit: Please use the "edit" button instead of posting twice in a row. Thank you.

Ok thanks for the advice.

Last edited by Redb@ck; 04-18-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:12 AM
The Malevolent Samurai

Redb@ck can only hope to improve
Unhappy Re: Pandtastic

It seems the theif option is not all it seems, take heed of this advice if you fail you lose money equal to the amount you attempt to take and 50 repuatation points. Its not fair
Old 04-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Tekashi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tekashi Send a message via MSN to Tekashi

Lol you try to steal from me O well i cant buy anything with the points atm anyways. BTw ive never seen micheal moor...
Old 04-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Wiki Editor

Arrak is on a distinguished road

I've never liked Micheal Moore Films. He only presents one side of an issue. I don't always disagree with him but even when I agree I would like to see the other side of the issue. Thats what true documentaries should be about. Presenting unbiased facts and letting the viewer make up their own mind.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Volitional Outcast

Kingsama is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kingsama

yeah Michael Moore is nothing more than a lefty Rush Limbaugh, different sides of the arguement, but same annoying BS.

At any rate, good movies you say?

I would advise a Clint Eastwood evening, If you could see Millon Dollar Baby, The Outlaw Josie Whales, Unforgiven, and /or Mystic River, you would be in for a treat. I dont buy that they are the greatest movies ever made, but in my mind the represent what all movies should aim to do. They are challenging on multiple levels, well packaged, and most importantly entertaining. In a lot of ways i see Clint and the Johnny Cash of the Movie world. Both have grasped making art that appeals to your everyday joe, but ladens said art with themes that can captivate you mentally as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrak
I've never liked Micheal Moore Films. He only presents one side of an issue. I don't always disagree with him but even when I agree I would like to see the other side of the issue. Thats what true documentaries should be about. Presenting unbiased facts and letting the viewer make up their own mind.
you got that right, but sadly enough we as a world live in culture where intellectual honesty is something only maintained by the minority. Unfortunately most people have somesort of agenda they deem more important than people...

Last edited by Kingsama; 04-18-2005 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:56 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Yong An is on a distinguished road

Read a book.

There's a really easy way to end Moore's reign of ignorance...DON'T GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY. Don't go to his movies, don't read his books, don't even buy a magazine if his face is on it or if there's an interview. Even talking about the subject this much is probably not helping.

There's a saying in Hollywood: "No publicity is bad publicity."