Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > General > The Katana

The Katana A place to sit and chat about anything excluding Tatsumaki: Land at War.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

ashley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashley
Default Re: Pandtastic

Micheal Moore - I still don't like him, but I don't necessarily want him dead. I have to give him some credit, hes knows what the public wants.

My friend is completely into movies. I, not so much. I rarely get my ass in front of the tv. We want to have a movie night. I think our current list for movies is something like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Time Bandits, Brazil, Swingers, some musical from the 50's and something monty python. The list is actually longer and more varied, but those are the only ones I can remember. (Note; I highly doubt we'll get around to doing it. We can barely get around to bus trotting.)

Mmm. Books. Someone gave me one the other day, said it made her think of me. Mind you, its completely twisted. Exquisite Corpse by Poppy Z Brite (I'm so horribly afraid of that name. My name reminds you of Lite Brite, yet I write books about necrophillia. This is your childhood.) Things that made her think of me; rape, incest, pedophillia, necrophillia, homosexuality murder, aids, livers and curry and babies and acid... I really don't know what to think of that.
Books are so much better than movies. Movies don't turn me in the slightest, this book makes me gag. (To be honest, I don't read books like this. I'm so not used to it.)

[wearejinxed.org]
IRC: irc.quakenet.org / #tatsumaki

[16:13] <Greven> I bet you're some kind of witch
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Volitional Outcast

Kingsama is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kingsama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong An
Read a book.

There's a really easy way to end Moore's reign of ignorance...DON'T GIVE HIM YOUR MONEY. Don't go to his movies, don't read his books, don't even buy a magazine if his face is on it or if there's an interview. Even talking about the subject this much is probably not helping.

There's a saying in Hollywood: "No publicity is bad publicity."

Amen to that, i am currently on a strict hollywood boycott, i only go to movies that i know i want to support, and rent movies that also fit that catagory. Blockbuster and the cinema will be lucky to see me every 3 months. As for TV, i love my dvr, i rarely watch live tv, and when i do it is usually just for background noise.Same for mass market music/books. I love living in my self inflected seclusion of pop culture...

Old 04-19-2005, 03:17 AM
The Warbringer

Kuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to Kuraku Hideaki

Talking about movies *Trying to change the subject off someone no-one likes*
What genres do you like the most.

I enjoy a good comedy, some i just dont find funny but others, they just hit the spot. I especially love Jim Carrey and Robin Williams. I am not much into horrors - but i am evolving into them.

How about anyone else?
Old 04-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Jim Carrey is great - ditto with Williams (Especially his stand up)
Old 04-19-2005, 03:25 AM
The Warbringer

Kuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these partsKuraku Hideaki is infamous around these parts

Yes i agree. I love comedians who are actully funny. Many times i have watched people doing it for the money, being crap and not caring. It amazes me how they will - humiliate if you must - themselves for an extra dollar in front of an angry bar audience.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

ashley is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashley

Comedy. British comedies. Mmm. Men in dresses.

And canadian dramas. Seriously. But not so much british ones, whenever I see one of them now, all I can think of is my brother saying "Don't ever let me be poor.... *five minutes later* and british. Ashley, don't let me be poor and british. Okay?" while watching some bad british drama that I can't even remember the name of.

Luckily for me, comedies and dramas mix well.

[wearejinxed.org]
IRC: irc.quakenet.org / #tatsumaki

[16:13] <Greven> I bet you're some kind of witch
Old 04-19-2005, 03:39 AM
The Warbringer

Yeah, my little brother crazy. He copies everything he sees from the t.v. After living with me and my bro long enough, you start to realize that if you give us a Jim Carrey movie, we are able to memerize every single bit of it - which is scary sometimes. lol, we would just walk around sometimes reciting our favourite parts of the movie...

good times.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Co-Community Manager / Administrator

Greven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond reputeGreven has a reputation beyond repute

I basically watch ALL kinds, types and genres of movies except for one, and that's those love films. You know... a romantic drama.

Favourite films is by far Empire of the Sun and Fight Club
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

At one point I had the entire Dumb and Dumber movie memorized after watching it 100+ times...

Speaking of good comedians... All of the really good ones are dead, and most recently of which - is Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-19-2005, 04:36 AM
The Warbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greven
I basically watch ALL kinds, types and genres of movies except for one, and that's those love films. You know... a romantic drama.

Favourite films is by far Empire of the Sun and Fight Club
Empire of the sun... isn't that based in Japan and mainly abouta boy and POW's in that camp somewhere? or am i thinking of a different movie?