Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki

Tatsumaki Discuss all things related to Tatsumaki: Land at War, here.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Ninjitsu Master

hessan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hessan
Default Re: when is release

Well, of course! Who has ever liked a game simply because it was bantha poodoo? (Star Wars reference)
Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Lord Shino of The Katana is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lord Shino of The Katana

lol bantha but anyhow is anyone still here? does anyone play GRAW 2 or RS2?

Old 02-15-2008, 01:26 AM

Aixelsydevahi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsumaru View Post
ive been lurking for like 3 years now and when is the game gonna release
Man you can't rush a seemingly revolutionary game. With the major developers nowadays you expect games to be released in 3 years. This just insures that you will buy a crappy game and the developers will make a huge profit.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Fisherman

Ebisu is on a distinguished road

I second Aixelsydevahi. Games usually end badly when rushed through development for a buck. Moreover the devs here are trying to accomplish something most mainstream mmo designers would say is just too much work. Sony (fairly wealthy I'd say) didn't set their standards as high when they designed EQ2, and that was a decent game starting out, with a complicated crafting system, high end graphics and decent character creation options. Sony said when they released EQ2 that they sacrificed some character customization for gameplay. City of Heroes/Villains has the most extensive character creation process out there, but you can see where it took away from the gameplay, which gets extremely monotonous a few lvls in. My point is that for most MMO devs, a good game is a balance, not outstanding in every way.
I see a higher standard in Tatsumaki. The devs promise game emersion superior to anything out there, and for that we'll just have to wait.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:44 AM
Earl of Procrastination

Kurisu is on a distinguished road

But you guys know that this is an indie-project, right? That means free-lance workers and a very limited budget. Ow and do you know how much money EQ2 did cost? More than $10 million. I guess EOE has not quite that much.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Fisherman

Hahahaha, yes very true. So how do you think their budget limitations will surface, graphics perhaps? I guess I'd assumed it would simply take them longer to put it out, but I could see where they might find themselves limited in other aspects of the game.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:29 PM

Levenso is on a distinguished road

I think we understand it takes time to build that kind of game. I've seen and played a lot of MMO and this one will be different. I can't wait to play. If I could help I think I would... but, what is your approx assessment of the release date? few months, a year, three years?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 AM
Fisherman

I have no answer for you of course Levenso, but I'm posting anyway real fast. They began the project in 2005 i believe, and lulled for about half a year between 2005-2006 while they were changing their game engine and expanding their server capacity to meet the influx of player input/demand. From what I understand, they have their vision of what Tatsumaki will be, and have left a lot of space for the public interests to guide the games development as well. This of course has extended the eta as they continue to respond to player input. Overmore they were or perhaps are still understaffed, further extended their eta.

They were, in 2007, sponsored by Jolt, inc. What that means for the nature of the game, I certainly wish to find out, but it is supposed to help them push game development. I realize this in no way answered your question, but I like these forums, because I love this game concept and am enjoying learning all about it and its history, so here is my input anyway.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Earl of Procrastination

Kurisu is on a distinguished road

It's released when it's done. It's as simple as that. If you preordered, you had the possibility of seeing how the engine works, but don't expect playing a real game. But maybe the next update changes some things.

About the money: The least cost of a game in development are the servers, the used programs etc.
Really expensive are all your workers. You're looking at about $100k for an kind of experienced programmer a year with insurace. Artists usually get a bit less. The game designers get usually more...
What does that mean for the game? Probably no pros, that means all work is done freelance and in the developer's freetime. It isn't necessarily worse quality but it is really a slower process.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 PM

Levenso is on a distinguished road

Kurisu, my question was to assess in fact the possibility of pre-ordering or even making a donation. That will probably meet all my requirements for a MMO so I'm looking forward to it, like most of people on this forum I suppose... But, I want to make sure before getting more involved that this project will see the light someday.

You see, I wouldn't want to get involved in a project like Star Trek online that I think is now dead. I think it's justified to get a maximum of info before getting financially involved. I have no problem risking a few bucks to help, but I was thinking more about your highest pre-ordering plans.

Thought, I realize it might be too early to give a detailled ETA, I appreciate your answer Ebisu.