Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > Manga

Manga A Tatsumaki manga, created by Yagyu

Old 01-28-2009, 02:11 AM

Yagyu is on a distinguished road
Default Tatsumaki Manga

Ok so i am willing to write and draw a mini tatsumaki manga Comic. I have an awesome story in mind ive been paying with in my head for years.

Heres what i Need. I already have an editor. I will write and do pencils. I need the following.
Cover Artist. (Able to draw paint ink color and basicly come up with awesome covers.)

Inker (someone who can ink in a professional manner)

Colorist (someone with painting talent, photoshop experience, and a good eye for color schemes)

Letterist (someone who can make word baloons and insert the letters. Most likely using Qaurk.)

Anyone who wants to work on this can apply. do this i supplied a picture i drew. Inkers just ink it. Colorist just paint it or color it. Cover artist has to do a whole different pic say of this farmer in a cool working actionlike pose.

For letterist just make a few word baloons with the farmer sayin some sentences.

Post em here

if it seems like alot of work well thats what the gig requires i mean wait till u see the stuff i draw in comic it will be if not as much detail even more so we need ppl commited talented and have a lot of time on their hands lol
So lookin forward to see who will be joining the project
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	farmer2.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	775  
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Sculpted from Awesomeness

Vahn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vahn Send a message via MSN to Vahn
Default Re: Tatsumaki Mange

I edited all the dialogue in that frame. I'm good at my job.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen. Killer Rabbits and Cows.

I give you the MAIN character of the Tatsumaki Manga.

Meet Hirada MUNISAI Taketo.

Hair: Black Weapon of Choice: Katana and Jitte

Bio:
Hirada Munisai was born in the village if Miyamoto to Hirada Shokan. Munisai does not remember much of his childhood but his mother died shortly after his birth. His father Shokan began instructing him in the ways of swordsmanship from an early age. Minisai took to it like a natural. But in Munisais preteens Hirada passed away. offical cause of death was said to be sudden illness.

Munisai continued training and quickly mastered his fathers style of swordsmanship the Tori Ryu. Munisai also showed himself to be adept at wielding the Jitte. A iron truncheon weapon used by the law enforcers of the time. Munisai quickly became freinds with one Hon'Iden Gekinosuke.

Munisai is well liked in the village of Miyamoto despite his love for the sword.
While Munisai does tend to be very helpfull to the Villagers of Miyamoto he is very strict when it comes to his rigorous training. Few understand why he is so enamored with the sword but the truth of the matter is even Munisai does not know. It is as if the sword is in his blood.

Munisai's only visable fault would be his secret desire for his best freinds girlfreind Osugi. Munisai however keeps these feelings hidden from all but sometimes Osugi can see through his hard exterior.

Munisai would like nothing more then to settle down in the village and live a pecefull life with a son to call his own. It has always been his greatest desire. But Munisai is an honorable man and so he hides his feelings and allows his best friend the happyness he secretly covets.

Munisai is a good man with a good heart.

But soon all that will change...

I will be posting little bios on the characters with concept art as I finish them. I did this one this morning I didnt sleep yet was too excited now that Vahn already edited the first chapter of the story. So keep your eyes glued to this thread and we will be updating regularly with cool new pics and info on the story. Once we get some more team members we will be able to get you all some story pages. We really need an Inker and Letterer, color can be skipped if need be but will be missed. OR if we can get a colorist whos good enough with photoshop that he can take the pencils and paint/color around them so it looks good that will work as well. If we dont find someone the comic will be all Pencil
so pleeeeaaasse someone with talent contact me or vahn

Also if you dont wanna use the farmer pic to show me what u can do you can use any of these bio concept pics i post.

OK im out catch ya later with more goodies
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Munisai Concept.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	585.6 KB
ID:	789  

Last edited by Yagyu; 01-29-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM

Ok i know i shoulda been in bed by now but i couldnt post Munisai without his arch rival to be.

Yoshioka Kenpo

We chose Kenpo instead of Kempo because its more historically accurate.

Now for his Bio

YOSHIOKA KENPO

Hair: Black but keeps it shaved usualy sometimes only leaving his top knot.
Weapon of Choice: The Yoshioka Family katana.

Bio:
Kenpo was born into the Yoshioka clan but not as a swordsmen. While the family held a Samurai lineage they had become well known Dyers in kyoto. Becoming more merchant like and all but abandoning their roots. But Kenpo was different from his family. He showed he had the blood of his ancestor Samurai burning fiercly inside him.

As he grew to manhood he practiced relentlessly in the Kyohachi Ryu. One of the eight famous sword styles of Kyoto. As he wandered the land he quickly gained fame being known for his strength but not exactly for his honor. Kenpo was a fierce fighter who rarely let an opponent live.

Despite his ruthless nature his name came to the attention of the Ashikaga Shogun. The Shogun invited Kenpo to the palace and allowed him to demonstrate his swordsmanship. Kenpo bragged that he could fight the Shoguns five best warriors. The Shogun was intrigued and allowed him to face his five strongest men.

Kenpo armed only with his sword against an assortment of weapons, dispatched the five warriors in less then a minute. The Shogun was so impressed he did not even notice Kenpos merciless nature.

He hired Kenpo to be his personal Sword Instructor and gave him a grand Dojo. Kenpos fame spread throughout Kyoto and he quickly had many students lining up to learn his style which he had varried and now called the Yoshioka Ryu.

Years past and Kenpo's name became feared by many, admired by some, and respected by all.

Except for the Shoguns son and heir.

The Shogun had become good friends with Kenpo and showed him great favor, because of this the Shoguns son Yoshiaki came to hate Kenpo. The harsh sword lessons that seemed more like abusive beatings did not help matters. When the Shogun passed away (Official Cause Sudden Illness) Yoshiaki who had now gained the support of one Oda Nobunaga was given the title of the new Ashikaga Shogun.

Kenpo is a harsh cruel and scheming man who will do what ever it takes to win, regardless of the methods or who it harms. He is a driven individual goal oriented and feared by most who come into contact with him.

With the appointment of the new Shogun Kenpo's position as the Shoguns Sword Instructor is now in jeapordy as may be his life, his clan and everything he has worked so hard to build.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kenpo.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	350.6 KB
ID:	790  

Last edited by Yagyu; 01-29-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:38 AM
Ninja XL

NinjaKerocker is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NinjaKerocker Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaKerocker

nice work dude. really nice, the story is well too, i read the whole thing lol, cant wait to see the first installment. seriously keep the good work up, i am already excited about the manga lol, seriously nice work
Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Location: Where ever the path follows, wherever the wind carries me (my house).
Tomoshibi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tomoshibi

Wow, this project actually looks like it has potential. Not to offend anyone else, but this is the first tatsumaki work that looks genuinely interesting to me - both the art and the story.

I lack the skills, programs and patience to ink/letter/color (unless by some miracle they can be accomplished in MS Paint). That being said, I'll root you on - its the least I can do.

I for one am interested in reading an issue of your tale, even if you cannot get the inker or letterer you need. Something like this shouldn't go to waste even if its not in best form.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:36 PM

yea i think maybe i can teach vahn how to do the word balloons if need be and either from their if thats the case i can either just go with pencils or i can just black the pencils with photoshop i just hate it cuz its double work and with everything im doin its hard to get the time
plus id rather see this done with justice in either real beautiful inks from someone who has talent in that dept and or in full painted or colored glory. If we can get it done in that way it would sooo wonderfully compliment the story. I already have the first chapter written and vahn edited it and he said he loved the story. I have a full plot plan the story will center around the contestants of this tournement particularly Munisai and there dangerous journey to not only train for it but to get to kyoto. And then of course surviving the tournement itself. Some will live some will die. Im also trying to make it historically accurate in alot of ways of course i do take some artistic liberty but its based off of real events.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:39 AM

Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, people of all ages.... Ahem. Sorry about that. It slips out sometimes. It's a condition!

Here are two more bios to whet thine pallet!

Hon'Iden Gekinosuke
Style: Tori ryu
Hair: black
Weapon of Choice: Bokken, Katana

Hon'Iden Gekinosuke (pronounced Geki Noskay - heretofore referred to as "Geki") Was born in Miyamoto Village. His family were prominent Gentry (Land Owners) in Miyamoto Village. Geki, though being born as heir of the family holdings, still was taught to work hard. Throughout his life it seemed that he always had things just fall into place for him. He grew to be a hansom young man of a mildly wealthy family, with a charming personality and even a natural talent at swordsmanship.

Geki befriended Munisai from an early age. The two became very close and Munisai - who had been instructed in swordsmanship from his youth - taught Geki what he knew. Geki, who never was very shy and always said what was on his mind, managed to win the heart of, and court, a woman named Osugi despite her age (she is about 10 years older then him). Osugi is a very beautiful woman who has managed to remain single thanks to the lack of single young men in the remote village of Miyamoto.

Geki wishes to become a great swordsmen and make a name for himself, unlike his friend Munisai who desires a quiet life in the village. However because things have always come so easily to Geki, he tends to slack off and not work as hard or practice as much as he should.

Despite Gekis relationship with Osugi, he's always on the lookout for an opportunity to leave the village and see the world.

Soon, Geki will get his wish.

And when he does, he may end up regretting it...

-----------------------------------------------
And because we all know ONE just won't cut it...
-----------------------------------------------

Ueda Makoto
Style: Yoshioka Ryu
Hair: Black with traditional samurai shaving and top knot.
Weapon of Choice: His Katana called the Kyodin; and Bo Shuriken.

Ueda Makoto was born in the village of Koga - A mountain village said to be unreachable by normal men. It is also said to be the home village of the Koga Ninja. Ueda himself was raised and trained by the Koga and was once one of their strongest most gifted warriors. However, Ueda left the Koga, claiming he no longer wished to live in shadows and death, but rather wanted to live in the light where people could know his name and praise his talents.

Ueda traveled awhile until the fateful day when he met one Yoshioka Kenpo. Immediately the two felt each others strength. Kenpo, who was having tea at a small stand at the time, invited him to sit and share a drink. Kenpo probed for information but found Ueda to be very tight lipped. He did discover that Ueda was heading for Kyoto - as was Kenpo who had been invited to meet with the Shogun.

Kenpo invited Ueda to travel with him then paid for the drinks. Unseen to any without a trained eye a group of rough looking men sitting at one of the outdoor tables immediately focused their attention on the size of Kenpo's money purse. Not long after leaving Ueda commented that they were being followed, though no normal person would have known. Kenpo replied that there were eight of them, and that they'd been with them since the tea stand. The two men stopped and waited. Their cover blown the thieves emerged from the shadows of the forest with their weapons drawn demanding Kenpo's money.

Kenpo smiled, then took the purse and dropped it to the ground, inviting them to take it. One of the over anxious bandits lurched for the purse only to be cut in half by Kenpo with a lightning flash attack barely visible to the eye. His sword already back in its sheath before the bandit split in two. The rest of the men shrieked in terror but all moved forward to attack. It was then that Ueda decided to show his skill. In the blink of an eye 4 of the men dropped dead with Bo Shuriken jutting out from their necks.

Kenpo smiled at the young mans skill as the cut the last 2 men down in one move. Kenpo and Ueda faced one another. Kenpo gripped his sword ready to test this mans skill further but to his surprise Ueda dropped to his knees and prostrated himself, asking kenpo to teach him the sword. Kenpo had been giving much thought to taking on a disciple. He smiled and agreed.

Ueda had become the first student of the new Yoshioka Ryu. No one seems to know of Uedas past as a Ninja but Kenpo, who is a master swordsman and has had much experience, has guessed at his past by witnessing Ueda's fighting style that day. Ueda has worked hard to hide his Shinobi skills since then and became the Yoshioka Ryus most adept student.

He is now the assistant instructor of the Yoshioka Dojo, Kenpo's right hand man, and most trusted friend.

Soon Ueda will be given an assignment that will test the boundaries of his loyalty, his friendship, and may even bring him face to face with his own death...

------------------------------------------
The man smiling is Gekinosuke. The other, Ueda.
------------------------------------------
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	650.9 KB
ID:	812   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	757.9 KB
ID:	813  

Last edited by Vahn; 02-05-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:07 PM

Actualy the smiling man is Gekinosuke (Geki)
Old 02-05-2009, 05:32 PM

Fixed! My excuse is that I made that post really, really late. Or Incredibly early, depending on how you look at it...