Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Archives > Archived: General

Archived: General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Peace Artist

Tenshin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Q] Acrobatics

good! What about simple feats like rolling and jumping (that doesn't look like standing in the air).
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2007, 03:17 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Jumping - yes, rolling... Don't know, I honestly don't see a real use of it ingame.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Peace Artist

Rolling as an escape from an attack, a quick way to duck and move out of sight. It would be a great help to stealth. Thieves and ninja can use it to cross a corridor quickly without being seen. As I understand it's been a pretty big part of the basis of most martial arts... but mostly as escapes from trapping, which wouldn't be included in game. I think it would be useful still, maybe not first priority though.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:09 AM

BigNinjaPimp is on a distinguished road

jlkshaglakfhfadh

the mis-information about parkour hurts my eyes.

read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkour

what rolling does is it transfers the energy from a drop (moving forward)
away from your knees and upper body.
Its one of the most simple, and useful techniques to know, but is extremly difficult to perfect (took me 2 years)

rolling video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=roll+analysis

You do not roll after a straight drop down, you land on the balls of your feet, then use your leg muscles to absorb the shock, then use your arms to absorb the rest.

also.......... when you do a passe muraille (wall run) up a wall, you only need one strong step for a verticle wall, the others dont do much.
The only time multiple steps are useful are when the wall is at a slant.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Peace Artist

I just think, if there was a possibility to have some prince of persia style acrobatics available to learn from a dojo it would probably have quite a nice impact in the game, even if it is implemented later after the release.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Tatsuke is on a distinguished road

But what if I want to play a street performer or a circus performer, having acrobatics is the perfect way to do so!

By day a performer by night a spy, a thief....

I really think it would be a great addition to the game but I agree with Sykio it's not necessarily a priority.

And as we speak about rolling, I do white crane kung-fu (it's a style that influence Okinawa karate) we used it to break fall, to escape if we are grab, and also to get quickly back or feet when we are push or falling roll forward if you are push in the back, backward if someone push you in the front. I'm even able if the person gets to close and I'm rolling backward to kick is jaw before getting on my feet. And speaking of getting fast on our feet the flip-flap is great to do it.

And speaking of acrobatics in fighting have you guys never seen capoera. It's their style to flip around to be very unpredictable.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:11 AM
I'M BATMAN!

HeniuriSaito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HeniuriSaito

but capoeira sucks, and it's just too much theatrical and all... in a real figh most of the movements are not that useful. some are, really useful, and the training that that crap gives to you it's amazing, but... in japan it didn't exist, and as I said most of the movements arent so useful... actually...well I know I'm not an expert at this kind of things an most of you here may know much more than I do, but the movements and all should be kung fu and karate based... of ocurse it should have many other things ... like... someone who can do a double-back flip(kidding) but... that shouldn't be the biggest one, since very few should be able to do different... or... just ignore me and do something else... I'm sleepy here...

Why speak a bit Heniuri Saito if you can read his story right here?

"There are no flowers on your grave, there are no chains. There I keep chanting for the forgotten name."
Old 03-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Peace Artist

Capoeira is a dance, but a lot of their flashy and less-than-effective moves can be used as distractions for setting up an attack. It can be very useful. I don't like when people say a martial art is useless. Theatrical, flashy martial arts were combative arts in disguise, forced to be practiced this way because of supression. So behind these flashy moves is the intent and knowledge of self-defense. It is not the martial art that is useful or useless, but the way one performs and interprets it.

But I'm really posting to ask Tatsuke a question... What's a flip-flap?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM

BigNinjaPimp is on a distinguished road

I've heard a back hand sprig called a flip flac before.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:39 PM

Tatsuke is on a distinguished road

It's when you're lying down on you're back and with the strength of you're legs and a bit a you're arm (tough you can make it without) you quickly get back on you're feet.

It's one of the most basic acrobatics in martial art, nowadays almost all games you're heroes gets up with it.