Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Tatsumaki: Land at War > Tatsumaki > General

General General discussions about Tatsumaki: Land at War go here.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:26 PM

blacknebula is on a distinguished road
Post Ninjutsu Pressure Points

I was just wondering in the possibility of adding pressure points in the body of the character so if a someone hits you in the somewhere strong enough with the elbow or w.e it could potentially kill you.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Earl of Procrastination

Kurisu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ninjutsu Pressure Points

I'm all for it. You should add a huge chance of missing the right point or the opponent being resistant or of not causing leathal damage(at least not causing instant death). You should know, relying on pressure point is a VERY dangerous thing. A smash right into the face has sometimes a better effect but oh well
Old 12-10-2007, 07:07 AM

CheesePlant is on a distinguished road

In fast combat I can't see how you can have anything else except hit boxes, you wouldn't have time or the angle to accurately hit a certain spot?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Earl of Procrastination

Yeah, that's the downside. On the other hand, if someone was strangling you, there would be a good chance of grabbing one thumb and pressing your thumb as hard as possible between the index finger and the thumb you're pulling. It's one critical spot and if you know a few spots they're really helpful. But I'm talking about parts of the body like the kidney, not pressure points. I don't know whether you could find it in the heat of battle(some people can't even figure the place out in the training, so how the heck are they going to use that in real situations?)
Old 12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Manual strangling is extremely ineffective, which is why jujutsu often has finishing moves with blood chokes, gi chokes, stabbings, or of course the classic impalement. One way to stop manual strangling is by grabbing the wrists and pulling outwards like <'O'> as in the < and > signs are your arms (that's actually how your arms should look) the apostrophes are the attacker's arms, and the O is your neck, you pull in the way the < and > marks point and you must make sure that your elbows are bent all the way... TECHNIQUE BESTS BLOODY BULLIES AND BRUTES!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road

here is a tip if and when u r choked like kids do (the dude is grabbing ur throat with both hands from infront of u), slam down his elbows and jump as fast and hard as u can against face with ur forehead, u both get damage from it but u break the dudes nose pretty often, while u have recollected urself from the dmg he will still be wondering what hit him and whining his bleeding nose, this time u will take real choke hold from behind or run, i suggest the latter.

hitting nerves of course should make more "dmg" (groin area o.o)

killing a person with one blow has lots of ifs in it, watch "fight science" it has one of the mysterious killers there (its explained scientifically) and u can see the fight science on youtube or somewhere like that..
Old 12-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Earl of Procrastination

Rofl, I hope you haven't already tested the method letum...

Well gheari, I like the variant of grabbing his thumb, taking his hand after he lost his grip and moving the hand immideately on his back. You would also need a bit of power for the method you suggested.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Lesser Member

Letum is on a distinguished road

its 20 times more Effective than trying to twist and turn someones thumbs in the biggest adrenaline rush u have been in weeks, i have tried that TOO and gotten beaten after trying.. so what i wrote works in Real Fight
of course if the choker's face is in kissing range then bite his nose (hard), if he didnt let go then back up a bit and do the move i told u, if he has friends then punch em in throat and/or kick in genital area and run like there is no tomorrow
if they r bullies from school or anywhere, then instead of running beat them shitless while they r on ground and if they die, well they made the initiative, so not much to worry with the law.

i live in bad neighborhood (have been since born) and i get pissed really easily (in real life mostly i think), so i got/get into fights often.

Last edited by Letum; 12-11-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Earl of Procrastination

Well you would have to worry with the law if you killed someone. But it's probably just because of the f... er screwed law situation here in Germany.

I was talking about doing something when someone is choking you from behind... Didn't get into that situation yet... Luckily.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Full Time Tiger

Gheari is on a distinguished road

Actually the anti-manual-strangle I told you about is the most effective if you intend to go into a hold, and it uses leverage and not strength and luck(noting the fact that one can restrain someone while choking them with their own clothing, or even their own appendages. I would suggest a strap choke to finish an opponent, it takes about ten seconds to incapacitate and less than one minute to kill. (getting under and to the side of someone that is on the ground and using a tougher area of someones clothing, such as the borders, to restrict not only air to the lungs but blood to the brain). This is a standard judo submission hold that was obtained from jujutsu, which you may or may not know was used by samurai to deliver finishing blows when your opponent (and possibly you) has fallen to the ground. Compared to to 2-10 minutes it takes to kill with manual manual strangling, not to mention the fact that you don't need to apply 76.5 pounds of force on someone's trachea, this choke is godlike in comparison.

Last edited by Gheari; 12-11-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: didn't make sense, had to add something