Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > User Interaction > Private Forums > Sykoi's Journal

Sykoi's Journal My personal journal.

Old 11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Won't see me for... x days

Well, my power supply* kind of blew up this morning so you won't be seeing me for... awhile, at least until I can either find a new PSU or newegg replaces my current one.

*I'm 90% sure (I hope it is, oh boy do I hope it is) that its my power supply that blew up... I was off doing something else and my computer magically shut down on its own, I tried to turn it on numerous times but to no avail... I unplugged my power strip, left it unplugged for a few minutes, plugged it back in and turned my computer on and... POP! ...Scared the hell out of me so I unplugged everything and went upstairs for awhile, came back down and I smelt smoke.

Now hopefully it didn't overload anything else (I took the hard drives out and they're still readable, although windows refuses to start when putting it on my other computer... Then again, thats somewhat normal; and my motherboard, video card, etc. - aren't ridden with black marks so I don't think they were ruined either)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Won't see me for... x days

Update: Looking for a new case and/or PSU to replace my defective one... It'll cost me more to return my current case, and take over a week.
Any suggestions?
(I'm looking into an Antec PSU, as they're supposed to be the best... But my current PSU is also an antec and not working so well)
Old 11-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Ninjitsu Master

Aucillion is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykoi
Update: Looking for a new case and/or PSU to replace my defective one... It'll cost me more to return my current case, and take over a week.
Any suggestions?
(I'm looking into an Antec PSU, as they're supposed to be the best... But my current PSU is also an antec and not working so well)
my suggestion for a case is to go cheap or all out, good luck.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Bullet Proof Monk

ShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond reputeShininShado has a reputation beyond repute

What kinda system is it? Ultra has some really nice power options now, and some great cooling options too.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:06 AM
EoE Modeller

Kinjo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kinjo

Theres always thermaltake
I bought one on its own ages ago and its been just great,
Old 11-25-2005, 09:27 AM
Overdose Delusion

Yukie is on a distinguished road

Did Sykoi just double post?!?!

(I'm bored and i found this highly amusing.. yay for me?)

On another note; I hope you fix whatever problem your having!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Rez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rez Send a message via MSN to Rez

Thermaletake, Antec, Enermax, Fortron, OCZ and ULTRA are all good brands. It just depends on what your looking for. If you don't want all those PSU cables hanging around the inside of your PC I would suggest you look into a OCZ Modstream(Pic #1). You choose which cables you want attached your your PSU(Pic #2).

Maybe you want a quiet one? Thermaletake as a few "Silent" ones for sale. Don't own one but I've heard they are pretty good. I have only seen two diffrent ones available. One is 480w the other is 560w, both have two fans but the 480w comes with a control console that can fit into your 5.25" device slot.(Pic #3)
(Read a review just now saying that this PSU is in fact not all that silent... huh)

I know for a fact that the OCZ PSU supports both 20pin and 24pin and also supports SATA and PCI-E. Not quite sure about the Thermaltakes though.

If you have an older PC I would suggest a cheaper Enermax PSU. They have pretty good prices for the quality of their item.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13610_Connetors.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	286   Click image for larger version

Name:	13610_Cables.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	287   Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermal pic 1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	288  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:42 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Slots will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Slots

for the love of god dont take anyhting thermaltake makes ... bastards fried my cpu ... also Antec can survive a direct lightning strike (though it might die cause a socket sparks >.>)

(my house was struck by lightning and ... zapped my comp ... fried the network cards too! struck the spot on the house where all cables come in heh. well yea... ive had bad luck with PSU's... 3 of them died on me -.-)

well dont use thermaltake cooling fans ... oh! and if you want a nice 850 watt powersupply ... Here

but yea ... just go with some antec powersupply if you want they are stable (for me anyway)
There once was a Gerbil ... he was angry because the yellow snipers would always try to shoot at him but one day i saved him from the snipers and he gave me the most delicous cookie EVER... and now i am addicted to the cookies... please send them to me now... >.>
Old 11-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Well I got my power supply replaced... Plugged it all in, and turned it on... Fans start up then shut down.
I do believe my motherboard is also shot
Anyone have any suggestions to keep checking before I ... Err... Buy a new motherboard? (Not sure if I can afford it after my $92 PSU)
Old 11-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Update: Well... I bought a 300gb hard drive (Gotta love black Friday, $90 after rebate) and will hopefully be able to start working on the new Tatsumaki video, new EoE site, etc. when I get it.

If anyone wants to send money my way, feel free... It looks like this is gonna end up costing me $3-400 to repair and what little spare money I have already goes towards EoE.