Eyes Out Entertainment Forums  

Go Back   Eyes Out Entertainment Forums > Community Projects > User Interaction > Private Forums > Sykoi's Journal

Sykoi's Journal My personal journal.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kind of curious...

If I were to make a web-based Tatsumaki game (As in, PHP backend, html/javascript frontend) - what features from Tatsumaki would you want to see?

(If you're curious what happened to the other web-based game I was working on, I decided to ditch it because I couldn't fix my AJAX engine's queue system. Luckily a friend of mine (Who is also working on an AJAX engine) pointed me towards a book that has code for the very thing I was trying to perfect. Assuming I can actually get this code incorporated into my own code, it'll make an appearance in this Tatsumaki web-based game, and hopefully make things a bit less "point and click")

Please note that this is just an idea an ex-team member and I have been throwing around for awhile now and we may not work on it right away

Current features we've decided on:
  • Create a character somewhat like how its done in the main Tatsumaki game
  • Ability to get basic supplies such as wood from trees, berries from plants, etc. - and sell them to NPCs or player-owned buildings/NPCs
  • Start a family
  • Own land, create buildings, micro-manage things such as taxes and ability to rant portions of land out
  • Create relatively unique items (Remember, this is PHP/Javascript... The most I could do is probably a simple drag and drop images onto another image, then save it)
  • D&D-esque fighting system (If anyone has ANY ideas how we can maintain some actual skill aspect in a javascript combat system, PLEASE say something)
  • POSSIBLY allow players to create their own NPCs (Its simple on paper but I'd have to dig up some old parsing code I created months ago, and create a simple language thats 'newbie friendly')
Theres a few others but I can't quite remember them at the time of posting

If you have any ideas you want to add, or a way to improve the concept - please post... Remember that this is just a simple little fun web-based game I'm working on for the hell of it*, and shouldn't be too complex.

*I'm working on this game, or some kind of web-based game no matter what the outcome, simply because I need to add more work to my resume as the Tatsumaki beta server will run us $1,000+ a month, and we just can't afford it right now
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Ninjitsu Master

Jin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kind of curious...

sounds great!

All the features you listed, are mostly all I wanted to see. This would definately bring up something more to talk about on the forums, as topics are running sort of dry.

ETA? Anyway good luck!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Sykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond reputeSykoi has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm only REALLY going to work hard on it if a lot of people show interest in it (Hint hint, pimp it out, hint hint) - and if I do that, it really should only take a few weeks... Maybe three weeks max, depending on how complex the javascript ends up being (The PHP side is cake, but considering I just learned javascript a few months ago, that part of it may take a bit longer).

If I get 10 replies to this thread, before the end of today (12 hours to go), I'll make a forum or two for the project and that should spark up some more discussion.
Right now, #1 thing on my list of things to do is to finish the new EoE site (Well, technically my upcoming final is - but thats pretty much cake for me), and after that is to put the final touches on the new Tatsumaki video; but once I finish those two things, I'll try to get started on this game assuming theres enough support
Old 12-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Ikko Family Founder

Ronin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronin

It would be fun to have something related to Tatsumaki to play, i'm all for it

"I can't believe I fell for that" -Sun Tzu

Quotes Mean Nothing, My actions shall silence all their useless words.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Bakemono

ToshiMaru has a spectacular aura aboutToshiMaru has a spectacular aura about

My ideas:

World Map
I was thinking, maybe have the main world to look kind of like a chat room. When a person clicks on a link that leads to the world map, he will come to a page with a gigantic map, and the map is in grids. The person will see himself as a small icon on the map, from there he can click on different boxes in the grids to move - some grid boxes are lands and mountains, and some are cities, villages, or outposts.
If the person is in a city, or village, or inhabited grid, he will be taken to another page that has an image background of the city. And in front is a java-esque chatroom thingy, where he can chat with other players in that area. He can chat with them, or invite them to parties(battles), or challenge them to duels, or just mug them.

Cities/Villages
They look like chatrooms with a background image. There list of chatroom names are catagorized into "Players" "NPC's" and others. If you click on a player or npc, a PM will pop up, you can talk NPC's for quests, marketing, or information.

Battle/Fighting
I think the fighting should do with a tactical sort of battle, like Final Fantasy Tactics; but instead of different classes, like how they have knights, and archers. We use different fighting styles, Ninjitsu, Jujitsu, etc. + weapons and items.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example map 1.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	289   Click image for larger version

Name:	examplemap2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	290  
Old 12-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Im street *****, WU-TANG!

selmo has a spectacular aura aboutselmo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to selmo Send a message via MSN to selmo Send a message via Skype™ to selmo

I like it! Cant wait to see what you deliever

If you want to view paradise,
Simply look around and view it,
Anything you want to, do it
Wanta change the world? There's nothing to it
Old 12-12-2005, 07:52 AM
LanceArmstrong of Riddles

moses is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to moses Send a message via MSN to moses Send a message via Yahoo to moses

im all for it
m0s3s:no this is #tatsumaki!
m0s3s:if only i could kick
m0s3s:then i could copy z
m0s3s:phail

Old 12-12-2005, 08:50 AM
Hand of God

Chronor is on a distinguished road

Ditto! As for the fighting system. It's going to be extremely difficult to incorperate a different type of fighting based on skill with that limited technology without it being like a link-ish style of fighting. But you could do different moves for each style of fighting.

Ex: Ninjitsu=Hide ability or Death Strike Akido=Reflect energy Judo= Paralizing throw.

They just activiate a designated animation, then a significant ability. A little Diablo/D&D esque without the items but it keeps things interesting...

Just a thought...

Old 12-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Administrator

A little idea I've been toying with:
While I can't make it live action (The combat), I can, however, add combos:
Javascript has the capability to capture keys in certain elements, so what I could do is add a space where you type in keys (Punch, kick, block, left, right, up, down, etc.) and then send it to the server on a round-based system; if it activates a combo move, then the server sees this and does the combo, if it doesn't - it doesn't.
Really, the only problem with the Tatsumaki combat system being transferred to Javascript/PHP is just the fact that we can't add player-controlled dodging (At least not in a fair way).
Old 12-12-2005, 03:08 PM

SunWuKong has a spectacular aura aboutSunWuKong has a spectacular aura about

I think it would be great. (If it's not taking too much time away from the real thing.)
It would spark interest, give a lot of play-testing, unearth questions/concerns that we haven't thought of, etc.

Banzai!